MFS's video game reviews

Awesome! Hopefully I can find these pretty cheap.

1 Like

You got everything right :smiley:
These are pretty much all correct.

Especially the Wampa one.

Battlefront 2 has Bespin DLC? What system? I have it on Playstation 2, and the 1st game on both PC and PS2.

2 Likes

It’s on all 3 systems PC, xbox, PS

I’m pretty sure you need to have online to get it

it also has Rhen Var

1 Like

Dang. I haven’t been able to connect my Playstation 2 to the Internet. I’ll have to look into it. Thanks

1 Like

there’s also Kit Fisto and Assaj Ventress for Xbox I believe…

3 Likes

Geez. I’ve been missing out for years.

no they are on everything, Rhen Var and Bespin

Tonight I’ll try connecting my Playstation 2 Slim to the Internet with my Ethernet cable again so I can get this bonus stuff

3 Likes

As someone who’s played both sides in that Hunt match, I can attest to that.

Although, I do feel there is one area that the first Battlefront outclasses the sequel by a large margin, and that’s the Geonosis map.

I mean, it was just so massive and epic in the first game, with tanks, walkers, and gunships going every-which-way as you tried to evade all the laser fire in the vast expanses of land, desperate for the rare bits of cover. The sequel just kinda shrinks it down, and it just doesn’t feel the same without the gunships.

Though at the very least all the old walkers and tanks still return.

Anyways, great review, sorry I was late in reading it, and I await your perspective on the Cybertron games.

2 Likes

very true, I agree with that and BTW guys, I will be reviewing republic commando next gotta finish it first though, after that the cybertron games

2 Likes

[quote=“Middlefingerstudios, post:30, topic:10532, full:true”]
I will be reviewing republic commando next gotta finish it first though[/quote]

That’ll be interesting. I plan to play that through on Steam at some point, perhaps even before tackling Mass Effect (if only because of the short length).

1 Like

I’m finishing up Republic Commando! It’s a really amazing game! I hope you like it :smiley:

2 Likes

My soul was crushed by the ending to the point where I can’t bear to try ME1 or 2.

-MT

5 Likes

yo @Takua been a little while, but hey might as well do this again, so here is my review of…

Star Wars Republic Commando
You are the leader of an elite squad of clones known as called republic commando’s, you are the leader of Delta Squad, a 4 man team chosen to go on high risk missions not suited for the standard troopers.

This is a first person shooter game that is different from most due to it’s squad commands, you can tell your clone brothers what to do and what to attack, it’s really pretty cool, other than that it’s kinda halo like, so if you’ve played that you’re good. The commando’s have different voices, which threw me off at first, but I don’t mind and it gives them all some individuality. Scorch is the funny guy and explosives expert, Fixer is by the books soldier and hacker, Sev is the quiet sarcastic the sniper, and you are Boss, the leader. These troopers feel alive and the game makes you really feel like they are your brothers. The story in this game is pretty good, all throughout you are on spec ops missions, really down in dirty in the middle of the war. Now your weapons are nothing out f the ordinary, you know, automatic, sniper rifle, grenade launcher, and pistol, but the enemy weapons are really fun to use, from the minigun to the Geonosian beam cannon. The multiplayer is actually pretty fun, granted I had to play splitscreen because the servers are shut down, but still it was really fun, it had a surprising bit of customization for the time the game was made.

my only problem with this game really stems from its ending, it’s kind of a cliffhanger with no sequel in site, but it is still a good game and I recommend it, it’s also pretty cheap right now.

yeah this review was on the shorter side of things, but there’s not really a whole lot to cover

6 Likes

You played it on Xbox, right?

2 Likes

yee, but it plays the same on everything (if anything I think it’s actually cheaper on PC, which is the only other system it’s on)

2 Likes

It’s $10 on Steam.

So far as I’m aware, the PC and Xbox versions are essentially the same.

2 Likes

Just curious.

'Cuz I don’t think the PC version has splitscreen.

I’m not sure.

1 Like

so uh, been a while, but i guess I’ll do another one this for my boi @Cordak_the_Spooky_Makuta and my great friend @Makuta_Chai_Rocks, this one of

Transformers War for Cybertron
Before the battle for earth, the Transformers had to have started somewhere

So this game takes place entirely on Cybertron, the homeworld of the transformers, smack dab in the middle of the war, Megatron has a new super weapon he plans to unleash to control Cybertron and you can choose either to fight as the autobots or decepticons in two different campaigns. now, chronologically the Decepticon campaign comes first, and then the Autobot campaign happens, but you can play either one first.

So gameplay wise, this game is actually pretty unique, as you have two special abilities that vary from ground pounds, weapon buffs, dashes and more. You have the standard shooting mechanic like Battlefield, but at will you can change form in the middle of combat, it is important to use both your robot mod and vehicle mode to their full advantages, especially on the harder difficulties. You have a nice variety of weapons, from healing rays, to SMG’s, rocket launchers and so on. The only problems I’d say is that mission design gets a bit repetitive, because there are points in both campaigns where you essentially do the same thing. The boss battles are also pretty standard 3-part battles. However, at it’s core the game is a lot of fun. In each mission you always have three characters to choose from, and you can play campaign co-op with your buddies who can be the other two characters which can result in an epic run through the 2 part campaign if you guys are a good team.

Multiplayer is your standard deathmatch, only it’s pretty fun because you’re all Autobot and Decepticons, transforming and what not. As well as some other gamemodes, Conquest (very similar to Battlefront conquest), Capture the Flag, and Power Struggle. In multiplayer, you can also customize your own Transformer (which is essentially just the character models for Autobots and Decepticons, just change their colors) however I do not like that certain character models are restricted to Autobots and Decepticons, as well as the colors, like I couldn’t have a teal and black Autobot if I wanted to because those are Decepticons only. There are 4 classes:
Scout: 4 units of health, is the fastest, changes into a car and has access to the Decoy Trap, Mark Target, Dash and Cloak special abilities. Usually snipers, or use hit and run tactics
Scientist: 3 units of health, turns into a jet, abilities are Shockwave, Sentry Spawn, Drain, and Disguise. they are healers, eyes in the sky and double agents
Leader: Changes into a truck, 5 units of health. Abilities include Shield, Disruption, Warcry, and Molecular Bomb. They lead people into battle will buffing their teammates and protecting them.
Soldier: Changes into a tank, 6 units of health. Abilities are Omega Missile, Whirlwind, Ammo Beacon, Energon Sling and Hover. These guys are the heavies, they dish out a ton of damage while also taking it.

Escalation is another gamemode, you choose your favorite TF character and hold off wave after wave of enemies, Autobot or Decepticon, in Co-op and use the energon you collect to buy upgrades, weapons, grenades and defenses such as shields.

The story though I feel, is where this game shines, showing us the Transformer homeworld, not being hampered by protecting humans, full on open warfare in cities and starting prison riots, it truly is an epic scale. Showing us the brutality of the Decepticons firsthand as you carry out their dark deeds yourself, showing how hard the Autobots fight to protect their home, along with so many homages to G1 and other series, along with large cast of characters, it truly is an amazing game for TF fans, and a fun game for those who are not.

It’s a great Transformers story, it has a good amount of content, the game itself is a good homage to TF in general, though there are some issues with the game, it’s still a lot of fun and i highly recomend it

Transformers Fall of Cybertron
The TF’s homeworld is dying, and they must abandon it in hopes of new life among the stars

This game, one-ups the last game in a lot of departments, so lets start with the gameplay. Sadly, campaign co-op has been removed, and there is just one singular campaign that you switch from Autobot and Decepticon perspective throughout. However the result of this is a better, more variety filled campaign, with sprint, rolling, and dash being default abilities, every character has (mostly) unique abilities, from Optimus’ airstrike to Jazz’s Spiderman-like grapple. There is a ton of variety and replay value as a result, from flying through the skies as Starscream, to Rampaging through armies as Grimlock. You can also upgrade your weaponry and abilities from Teletraan 1, the TF computer that stretches all over the planet. You can still change form whenever you want and it’s as good, if not better than before.

Multiplayer is about the same class wise, but the customization in this game is great. you can customize everything from your head, your arms, even decals, mixing and matching body parts, you can have a full Decepticon build and you can still be an Autobot, this is what I wanted in WFC and it’s amazing here. Escalation returns, though i don’t really like it as much as before, because this time around you have 4 set characters in every map, whereas in the old one you could pick whatever character you wanted on whatever map, granted every character has a different ability, but those abilities are all the same on every map.

But enough about the multiplayer, like its predecessor, the story is where this game shines. The pacing, is great, there is almost never a dull moment, the foreshadowing of what is to come, the apocalypse you feel you are in the middle of, as the war has ended and the planet is dead. Energon reserves are on an all time low, armies are killing each other over the smallest scraps, the Autobots are desperately trying to leave, but the Decepticons keep dragging them down. You really feel how desperate both sides truly are as this conflict comes to a close. It is so intense and the final mission is one of my favorite video game experiences ever.

This game really fires on all cylinders and is actually one of my personal favorite games ever. The story is thrilling, the multiplayer is fun. Collectibles of tapes left by both Autobots and Decepticons are great to listen to, the upgrade system is great, and you’re really missing out if you haven’t played this game, TF fan or not, I highly recommend it

also, leading up to the launch of Halo 5, i will attempt to review every Halo game (not the mobile ones though) from Halo Combat Evolved to Halo the Master Chief Collection.

4 Likes

Hear, hear.

2 Likes