Makuta Miserix the Green Dragon

When I first read about the former leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta, Miserix was introduced as a huge green dragon, rescuing the Toa Hagah from certain doom. Ever since then, I’ve had a hard time picturing him as red.

This massive build measures about 3.5 feet from tail tip to snout, and is fairly heavy. I used almost exclusively G1 pieces, with the obvious exception of the dozen or so friction joint add-ons, which I’m a little disappointed to say that this build relies upon.

With that being said, I’m quite pleased with him. I wanted a build that was menacing, and a bit busy to fit his disgraced, beaten-down nature, yet also called forth a bit of a regal quality, too. Miserix also has to look powerful, which I must say, he does in person. I did take some inspiration from the canon model, such as with his hands, tail, and horns, but he’s mostly original in design. I wanted to add a spiky motif, too, as I’m imagining it as the bits of Klakk that make up a big chunk of his mass. I tried to keep the color scheme consistent, though you’ll notice a few blue pins and red axles. I ran out of black!

I opted to leave out a giant staff for him, preferring him in his four-legged beast form, though he can stand as a biped, towering over poor Antroz, as you can see.

It’s not the cleanest design, but I do think it has a very strong G1 feel, which is something I’m always trying to emulate in my builds.

I hope you like him, and please let me know what you think!

56 Likes

Mocs like these always astound me. How do you even start something like this? Amazing work!

2 Likes

@Frogbomb518 Thank you! I started with the torso, then moved to the arms, wings and head. His back legs were the most challenging, needing to support his tremendous (all those Klakk catch up with you) weight.

I’m glad you like it, and appreciate the praise!

4 Likes

What a phenomenal titan. I could totally see this guy giving a ride to the Federation of Fear.

Just like the canon model! I love it.

1 Like

@Keplers Thank you! Perhaps I’ll see if I can fit Brutaka and Vézon on his back, though I worry that might be too much weight for him lol.

1 Like

My favourite part of this is definitely the head. It retains so much of the original’s shaping while also streamlining it. The Barraki-like pincers on the side are cool choice, specifically.

2 Likes

@TheJerminator Thank you! The head was a bit tricky to do, as the original relies upon rubber bands in the look, which I’m not a huge fan of, personally. Glad you like it!

Wow this thing looks amazing! The way all the silver pieces mesh with the rest looks pretty good.

1 Like

@Rukah Thanks a lot! I was worried about too much silver at first, but As you said, a balanced look was achieved in the end. Appreciate the positive feedback!

1 Like

well you’re welcome
I also like the foot designs.

1 Like

There’s only one dragon in the Shire, and that’s Miserix! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is an outstanding build. Very impressive and intimidating all around. The head and the toes are especially excellent, great work!

3 Likes

@MooCowsRock haha, nice. Thanks for the compliments! Miserix’s chest plate is gap free, and projectiles aren’t likely to pierce it.

This moc looks insane!!
great work

1 Like

Gosh I love the crispiness of this

2 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks a lot!

@Chronicler I consider it a great honor that this is my first build to receive such praise as crispy.

2 Likes

Whoah. that is impressive! I love the head design!

2 Likes

@Enbeanie Thanks a lot! Aside from the overall size, it’s the part of the design I’m most proud of, so the praise means something to me!

1 Like

Wow this made my day great job

2 Likes

@Bodi My goal is always to make someone smile! Thanks for the compliment!

2 Likes

Wow! Incredible build! Big Big Big!

2 Likes