(Moc) Shyla

And I said I didn’t care as much through the Skype chat

I’ll believe it when I see it

ok, by tall what do you mean? because akela isn’t tall compared to most of my mocs, and, whats the matter for being tall?

I learned, through my misguided MOCcing attempts, and painfully, that size doesn’t equal quality. Just more mess. Unless he means something else, in which case…

how I see it sometimes, the bigger and (sometimes) taller the moc is, the more detail you can get onto it. You have to at least agree to that

I agree

but it doesn’t work out

y’see, lemme give you a small lesson

this was my self MOC a few months before. It was mainly a titan and I had gotten this far:

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/optimized/3X/5/c/5c22bf71f08bc0df9ca0d74d55365d9b1c626526_1_375x500.JPG

After a crud load of comments that made me depressed, I eventually downsized it. It worked out, sorta

this one didn’t get as much Flak, and thus I became happy, threw away my depression, and continued MOCcing.

and the lesson learned was: DON’T OVERSIZE MOCs

3 Likes

Anyone who finds this moc over sexualized suffers from a terribly dirty mind, it’s nothing more than a lanky mess in some feminine-ish poses.

1 Like

Or, you know, it is since that was really the purpose of the MOC.

Thank you, and if I really wanted this moc to look like it was from hooters, then everything and I mean EVERYTHING would have been over sized.

Notice the “Kind of”

2 Likes

we’re dummies

JMP does raise a good point. The bigger/taller a MOC is, the less pieces you will have to work with, and the MOC’s style and flow can suffer as a result.

My concern is more that, to make a Female MOC, you took the width of shoulders and hips of an Inikabuild male MOC and shot the height up until it became anorexic.

At the very least you could tone down the height and keep the rest of the proportions, and it would look a bit more pleasing to the eye.

1 Like

My biggest problem with this MOC is that I feel it uses too much system parts. It makes it look too much like a robot. Another issue I have is the size. The MOC is too big…and it makes look even more like a robot.

Also those parts in the back with the open balls…they are indeed open.

It also doesn’t help that there really isn’t a concept behind this MOC.

But the color scheme looks pretty nice, I can give it that.

WHYYYYYYYYY!?! I can understand giving a MOC a feminine form, but why would you seaxualize it? I’m not trying to bash or disrespect here, I just want to know why.

And for anyone that is going to say “People can do whatever they want with their MOCs…” Just because you can do whatever you want, doesn’t mean you should do whatever you want. You need to be considerate of your audience. And that’s all I am saying on this. Back to the normal discussion.

1 Like

ok fist off, bionicle deals with mechanical beings, to the point that shouldn’t matter, second, i said KIND OF. which should mean my goal wasn’t to over dose everything. Third, yeah the ball joints in the back are on me

Alright, fine fine. Jeez man, you didn’t have to start of with “Ok, first off…”

Dude, I was just asking why.

I figured something could have gone back there.

1 Like

sorry I have been getting a lot of hate for this moc over dumb things about it, like how tall it is.

Even if you don’t like the criticism at least you have things to improve upon.

2 Likes

Dude, that’s not hate. Your getting critique and criticism. And if a fair amount of people say she is too tall, consider revising the MOC. Obviously there is an issue somewhere along the line.

1 Like

yes, I didn’t mean hate, um, ok. well, yes I can see issues about the moc that I am needing to fix, but, I enjoy how tall the moc is. If you guys say its not a good look for how tall the moc is, well thats your guises opinion, comment, or criticism. Im either going to take it or leave it.

Kind of looked like you were acknowledging that stuff as hate to me…

Fine, if that is what you like, fair enough. Just be sure to note down these criticisms and critiques for future MOCs.

You could have said this in the beginning.