• Get duplicates of sets for MOCing and leave the original copies on display
  • Scrap the original sets for MOCing

0 voters

• Get your pieces new on Bricklink
  • Get your pieces used on Bricklink

0 voters

Thank you for filling this survey out!

4 Likes

The last question depends sometimes newer parts are cheaper or only available as new at certain stores so I buy both used and new about equally

I have duplicates of most sets that I own just so I can have parts to Moc with while still keeping the sets intact. Sometimes I end up with 5 or 6 of a set because their parts are so useful.

1 Like

Sometimes I end up with only 12 G1 sets in total

1 Like

Ha I have 2 G1 sets!

How may G2 sets?

I have 12 G2 sets, and 2 G1 sets, making my entire collection 14 sets.

1 Like

First question is really both

All this said, I don’t really buy many sets or parts nowadays.

1 Like

I don’t know why I answered these as I don’t really MOC much anymore and I’ve never bought from Bricklink.

Actually, I’ve never actually bought pieces or sets with the intention of MOCing. Any spare parts I have outside of the ones I already owned from sets I got from a friend.

But yes, sadly, I did scrap a lot of my original G1 sets for MOCs. The only one I have mostly intact is my Axalara T9, but pilot Lewa is disassembled. My Toa Mata are mostly intact in their canisters, but I harvested their masks and weapons or other key parts for my revamps.

3 Likes

I also scrapped my G2 sets, and in some cases half of their pieces went missing. I recently inventoried all of my sets, and found that Gali 2015 had 42 missing pieces out of the 87 total.

I’ve actually bought like one G1 set in my life, and the other I got from my aunt. Most of my technic/Bionicle has come from actual Technic sets and bulk lots on Ebay. I find that out of say, 2 lbs of used parts, until a few pieces are in actual bad shape.

1 Like

wait, I cant vote for both scrapping sets and displaying them? I usually display or at least keep together sets, but a good few have been scrapped for mocing. as for bricklink, my money is going elsewhere at the moment

pfft imagine having money.

3 Likes