How does everyone prefer their MOCs?

1. Only Gen 1 parts
  2. Only Gen 2 parts
  3. Mixed but with more G1 parts
  4. Mixed but with more G2 parts
  5. An even mixture of both

I’m personally a number 3.

4 Likes

I like mixing both and using technic as well.

1 Like

I can’t moc, the only thing I have is a little self moc using only G2 parts because at least I can get those to look cohesive (and they won’t break when I take them off)

I don’t have any Lego at my disposal. I think technic parts would be cool as weapons.

Lol I feel you man

Edited for Double Post - Slime
reading this topic would be mighty fine :slight_smile:

I use whatever I feel like using atm. Mostly CCBS because I am reassembling all my g1 sets.

1 Like

@Xevins what about for other peoples MOCs. Does it still depend on what you feel is aesthetically pleasing at the time?

Usually I may lean towards CCBS if I need to finish quick.

I probably started out as a 5, but as I’m getting smarter with textures and stuff I’m leaning more towards a 4 on most of my builds (and on others I revert to a 3.)

The trick, for me at least, is making sure to use a set of “surface pieces” that mix with each other. So I use some CCBS bones in almost all of my builds and I can still add G1 pieces to the surface of them, but can’t always do the same for sets of G1 and G2 armor.

Double post. Can you Please put both posts into one and tag who you reply to if it is a reply to more than one person? Thanks :smile:

1 Like

I have the same thought process. You trick is also really interesting, thank you for sharing that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always been fond of MOCs with an equal balance of both, so I guess I’m a 5. :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been doing this more, lately. I think that CCBS’ standardized limbs and armor bits make it a lot easier to customize without having to deal with awkwardly arranged pegs and odd lengths. That, and the one cup, one ball per limb piece is helpful.

2 Likes

Technic heavy frame,
ccbs shells,
a few G1 parts.

3 Likes

I use a mix of mostly G1 BIONICLE pieces with a mix of some CCBS elements.

2 Likes

3 with me.

I tried using mostly gen2 pieces, and ended up with what looked like a black and orange Nex.
-Emerald

1 Like

Lol I see what you mean

On most of my MOCs, I have a base made out of technic and small amounts of gen 1 and CCBS with a mix of anything for armor. So basically… if the part fits, put it on :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hidden option number 6, G2 parts and technic

1 Like

@Studentscissors I wanted to focus on Bionicle pieces in particular, but that’s cool too.

1 Like