Mods To the 2016 Sets

I have discovered that if you flip Kopaka’s gold knee pads down over the unity piece, it looks better.

Now I need Umarak so I can give Kopaka the MoCo.

Well now
I’m going to be blunt, I hate Kopaka and Melum. They’re awkward, strange colors, and Kopaka showed no evolution from his Master form. Mods do the trick just nicely.
Basically I made Kopaka more bulky, with less silver and more gold. melum has been changed to look less derpy and he looks more like a bear.

Component builds of Kopaka:

Melum:

Unity:

15 Likes

I really wish someone made mods to the Toa where they used legs, arms, and weapons which looked like the 2015 variations, but the Torso and the Masks are from the 2016 versions.

(Just like the Kopaka shown above).

@SwagMeister You know what Melum needs, some kind of small connection on his nose area which would make him look like he has a bear nose, or an actual mammal nose instead of a bird nose/wholes/whatever birds have.

5 Likes

Looks really nice. Way better then the actual set in my opinion! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

After getting Lewa and Umarak, I made a few changes; the least changes were made to Umarak, so I’ll start with him:

Found the change?

All I did was add a blue pin to the back of his torso so that the chain from the shadow trap could be linked up. I didn’t like how it wiggled about everywhere when using the waist function.

Now for Lewa:

(Man, he’s weird to pose) First off, I removed the Bohrok eyes from his ‘weapons’. They didn’t really make sense to me, especially when the weapons were rotated even slightly slightly. Next, I lengthened his legs a little. I tried for ages to find a sturdy alternative to his shins that made them a little longer, but with the parts I own I couldn’t find one. Thus, I simply made the thighs a little longer. Unfortunately, the shells on the sides look a little odd, but one of the defining factors about Lewa 2015 was his long limbs, and I was sad to see this go, so it was a sacrifice I was wiling to make. Finally, I made his arms longer. The bones used for the lower arms have been switched to make them a module longer. I first used black, but this made his arms look quite strange, so I swapped them for trans-green, which I feel makes him a bit more green as well as make the longer limbs a bit more subtle. If I had green feet/hands I would probably add them too.

Once again, sorry about the poor lighting for the images…

7 Likes

I recently got Pohatu on clearance at WalMart, (he was only $7! I also got Umarak for $9!) Anyways, I didn’t see this anywhere, (or I’m just blind, kinda like Eljay with his mask, you should probably take that off sometime,) so I decided to swap some pieces from last year and try it. Presenting, Pohatu with burnt orange!

He’s kind of different but he looks pretty cool.

3 Likes

I think it looks very similar to 2015 Pohatu

1 Like

A big improvement, great job :smile:

yeah I dd this, if only we had the new torso plate in burnt orange

he would be perfect

I don’t know what Lego was thinking, this is the Pohatu g2 I know and love (same goes for the vast majority of people)

How would you guys go about storing or sheathing Tahu’s and Gali’s weapons on their bodies?

I don’t have Tahu; wouldn’t know how to store his.

8 Likes

By Creature Character Building System on tumblr.

5 Likes

Is it bad that I’ve already begun the beast’s mods?

6 Likes

No, the beasts are in dire need of modding and Quake needs a complete overhaul.
Which beasts have you modded?

6 Likes

Right now I have mods for everyone but Ekimu and QB (who I need in hand before I can begin damage control)
When I get home, I’ll take some pics

1 Like

I’m already working on remaking QB so he is how he should be…

3 Likes

well it has SB’s colorscheme, but if someone could make QB look like that…

1 Like

I going to do it even if it causes me to loose my home.

1 Like

Modding is an understatement.

Revamp/completely original headcanon design is probably…

…wait for it…

…the Cryoshell pun…

…Closer to the Truth…

9 Likes