Mods To the 2016 Sets

Wow… Any way I will post that remake at some point in the future when I have bought a million QB.

2 Likes

They don’t really need any revamping, probably the only one who really needs a makeover is QB, honestly.

2 Likes

Yeah his the only one I will be working on, and that just because someone pointed something out to me.

3 Likes

Neat! He looks really nice and the colors are much better distributed.

Also, is that Khan Academy?

2 Likes

Is it? :open_mouth:

Well, I’m a bit late to the party, but I’ve done some mods for Gali 2016 (Albeit temporary, I like my figures to be as close to the official instructions as possible)

I rearranged the friction extenders to give the arms/legs a more proportional appearance, as well as attempted to distribute the orange a bit more. I rearranged the torso using some spare parts and a few bits from Gali 2015, and lastly I split her staff into a sword and a trident-y thing.

Here’s some pics of the torso innards:

I hope these give you a good idea of how the torso was altered/built

6 Likes

Here’s my version of Kopaka. I’m not finished with him yet, but I’m not sure what else to do to make him feel complete, so I’m posting this in case anyone would like to help.

First off, the lower arms. I didn’t like the blue as it makes the arms feel kinda… dead, as they were so much darker than the rest of the figure. I tried using gold in an attempt to incorporate more into the colour scheme, but I still felt there wasn’t enough white. I also used thinner shells as I feel this suits the figure more.

The torso is the biggest change I made, as it felt unstable in it’s original build. It may be clear that I was inspired by @LoganMcOwen’s torso build, but I tried to make it in such a way that didn’t differentiate too much from the original build. Unfortunately the result is an unfinished mess, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A quick little change I made was to add a half-pin to the upper left leg, which allows for an extra scope to be stored.

I hate stickers, so I didn’t put them onto Kopaka’s ‘shield’. In an attempt to add a little colour to the admittedly bland alternative, I added two half-pins and two studs to the pieces.

I wasn’t sure whether to bulk up the upper arms by adding gears, so I’d like your opinions on it. On the one hand, it looks a little beefier, which is needed, but the blue from the pin looks a little awkward.

And finally, a small change to Melum; I switched the black arms to a shorter, but trans-light blue alternative. I feel this adds a little more colour to the figure, and makes the arms look a little less awkward from other angles.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the long post (my picture sizes are unfortunately quite large).

5 Likes

Here’s some mods I made to Tahu and Umarak.

Imgur

What I needed to do to Tahu, in order to preserve my sanity, was to balance out his textures a bit and give him a lot more red. I think I succeeded. More photos here.

Imgur

As for Umarak, all I really intended to do was to integrate a digitigrade leg design I’d come up with, but I ended up getting carried away and also gave him poseable hands, along with some other aesthetic changes. More photos here.

11 Likes

Tahu looks ridiculously sweet, but I think the pieces on his thighs are a little distracting!

Umarak also looks amazing, but his legs seem a little long.

I love them both though, so cool!

2 Likes

you’ve really got some skill, man. I’d love to see that tahu with Ikir. Or even better, a custom Ikir you could make.

2 Likes

Tahu one is meh.

Umarak one looks very interesting.

2 Likes

ok, those are some sexy legs, but don’t you think the upper half is too simple compared with the lower half?

2 Likes

I take it you didn’t click the link to more photos, then? :wink:

3 Likes

Oh haha. Nevermind. Wow that looks really, really cool! awesome job, man!

does anyone have any mods for Ikir or terak?

They’re perfect…just the way they are

IMO

not in mine, I think they could be a little better, and that’s what I want

1 Like

Don’t know if you can count this as an improvement, but on Ikir I would swap the 2016 blade piece on its wings for a third fire piece to give it a more “phoenix” look.

On Terak, dunno… Probably make his legs more articulated?

Give him Onua’s legs. that would make him perfect.
/s

1 Like

UtD: Fill in those gaps like I did with Grievous :smiling_imp:
Lewa: Make his arms a tad longer.

EDIT: Got Lewa. Modified his arms. Now I must wait for the Destroyer…