Monopoly’s Drawings Volume 6

Those are very accurate depictions of the Chima characters. 10/10

…Though comparatively I’m not sure the “good guys” are any worse than Crooler the Sociopath…

Also bats and Trixie looks excellent.

1 Like

The saviors of Chima.

1 Like

amazing

crocodiles are not furry

5 Likes

I wasn’t referring to the texture of their skin
you know perfectly well what i was referring to

2 Likes

That’s what Lego wants you to think. In truth, Laval is a racist, ableist, greedy, cruel and downright despicable person who is the son of the leader of a very clearly corrupt government.

I’ve gone into very strong detail about this before.

8 Likes

I don’t understand what the problem is.

1 Like

then why does the lion tribe have a temple where the major source of chi is?

2 Likes

I don’t understand what the problem is.

You’re right,

They’re scalies actually, the furry fandom has many slang terms for broad animal categories.

Always has been

And the show and sets are actually made decades later to tell a reconstructed narrative and hold up the Lion master race agenda.

Wait
They’re quite literally gate-keeping it

Anywho, to give my actual thoughts on the drawings: The Makuta and bats to me are sorta the same, I’m sure I’ve seen similar drawings before, although once again the expressions are spot on. Trixie…uh, is powerful. The Crocs, I don’t like their feet, the claws just go right to stump where the flesh ends, I know that claw style is your way of drawing but here it looks off, so maybe shorten the claws so there’s an actual foot for them to go to. I like the texture on them however. Now, “the good guys” these are my favourite, the expressions, the line weight, the posing, (chef’s kiss) they’re great.

Also I am telling yah please, pretty please add some minor shading it will lift drawings so much bruh.

4 Likes

wait but wasn’t he friends with everyone in the beginning

and he eventually made up with the outlanders

1 Like

“last one there’s a rotten skunk” - Laval, hours after participating in activities with Skinnet

2 Likes

oh my kavora he is racist

3 Likes

He also calls Cragger “mud-lover” and “swamp boy” repeatedly while fighting him, which just sound really derogatory to me. I might be looking too hard into this, but he’s, uh… mocking Cragger’s upbringing and place of origin. That doesn’t really seem like simple fighting banter to me.

5 Likes

Cragger is the true hero. He just wanted to regain his friendship with Laval, but his evil sister overtook him with drugs

also as a sidenote why are there so many drugs in chima like what

6 Likes

I think Crooler’s the true hero here. Laval’s “friendship” with Cragger seems more like Laval just repeatedly insulting and gaslighting Cragger, who seems to go along with it either out of fear or simply because he doesn’t understand just how awful and insidious Laval is.
That said, Crooler is undoubtedly using drugs on Cragger, but are they perhaps, medicinal?

Laval is such a bizarre character to me, because he’s supposed to be the main hero of the franchise, but he’s presented as a completely irredeemable bully. And it’s not like you have to dig deep under the surface to find subtle hints of a ‘darker side’ to his character, it’s all right there, front and centre.

3 Likes

You’re all just jealous that you aren’t handsome brave anthropomorphic lion princes.

5 Likes

I know this goes against my previous point, but wasn’t Craggar the one that led the two to the Chi pool in the first place and caused them to get all drugged up?

Also, I’ve been reading your document and wow Chima is very messed up. The “good guys” just do the same if not worse things that other tribes do, but because of their wealth and appearance, they’re seen as heroes, while the poorer tribes just trying to exist is seen as bad.

1 Like

Well, yes, but the way the situation is handled is extremely distressing. First off, Laval goes along completely willingly with Cragger’s plan, even encouraging it with his ‘rotten skunk’ line while scaling the wall. Sure, he does object at first, but fairly passively, and even disregards the literal law as “just rules”. Cragger isn’t really acting any worse than Laval in this situation, who is supposed to be the responsible one and absolutely should not be encouraging law-breaking.

Things only get worse from there, with Laval making entirely inappropriate remarks while Cragger is released from custody. When Cragger returns later to show the pool to Worriz, Laval sees fit not to take the logical course of action and alert lion authorities or simply stun him with a blaster as done earlier, but instead decides to wander off downstairs into the garage, get on a motorbike and chase Cragger through the forest.

Cragger’s undoubtedly under extreme stress by now due to Laval’s absurd actions, so sends up a distress flare in panic. Cragger is eventually forced to a standstill when Laval corners him near a notoriously dangerous gorge. He promptly spouts this wonderful piece of dialogue:

“You’ve been lying and backstabbing, breaking all the rules and stealing our Chi!”

This is a horrific exaggeration of what actually happened, and one of the first instances of Laval’s gaslighting towards Cragger. The “lying and backstabbing” part is a complete falsehood, while the claim that he broke “all” the rules is grossly inaccurate seeing as he only actually broke one. Not to mention that Laval himself encouraged the behaviour he’s now condemning!

3 Likes

so now there’s evidence monopoly’s a scaly

5 Likes