Monopoly’s Drawings Volume 6

“last one there’s a rotten skunk” - Laval, hours after participating in activities with Skinnet

2 Likes

oh my kavora he is racist

3 Likes

He also calls Cragger “mud-lover” and “swamp boy” repeatedly while fighting him, which just sound really derogatory to me. I might be looking too hard into this, but he’s, uh… mocking Cragger’s upbringing and place of origin. That doesn’t really seem like simple fighting banter to me.

5 Likes

Cragger is the true hero. He just wanted to regain his friendship with Laval, but his evil sister overtook him with drugs

also as a sidenote why are there so many drugs in chima like what

6 Likes

I think Crooler’s the true hero here. Laval’s “friendship” with Cragger seems more like Laval just repeatedly insulting and gaslighting Cragger, who seems to go along with it either out of fear or simply because he doesn’t understand just how awful and insidious Laval is.
That said, Crooler is undoubtedly using drugs on Cragger, but are they perhaps, medicinal?

Laval is such a bizarre character to me, because he’s supposed to be the main hero of the franchise, but he’s presented as a completely irredeemable bully. And it’s not like you have to dig deep under the surface to find subtle hints of a ‘darker side’ to his character, it’s all right there, front and centre.

4 Likes

You’re all just jealous that you aren’t handsome brave anthropomorphic lion princes.

6 Likes

I know this goes against my previous point, but wasn’t Craggar the one that led the two to the Chi pool in the first place and caused them to get all drugged up?

Also, I’ve been reading your document and wow Chima is very messed up. The “good guys” just do the same if not worse things that other tribes do, but because of their wealth and appearance, they’re seen as heroes, while the poorer tribes just trying to exist is seen as bad.

2 Likes

Well, yes, but the way the situation is handled is extremely distressing. First off, Laval goes along completely willingly with Cragger’s plan, even encouraging it with his ‘rotten skunk’ line while scaling the wall. Sure, he does object at first, but fairly passively, and even disregards the literal law as “just rules”. Cragger isn’t really acting any worse than Laval in this situation, who is supposed to be the responsible one and absolutely should not be encouraging law-breaking.

Things only get worse from there, with Laval making entirely inappropriate remarks while Cragger is released from custody. When Cragger returns later to show the pool to Worriz, Laval sees fit not to take the logical course of action and alert lion authorities or simply stun him with a blaster as done earlier, but instead decides to wander off downstairs into the garage, get on a motorbike and chase Cragger through the forest.

Cragger’s undoubtedly under extreme stress by now due to Laval’s absurd actions, so sends up a distress flare in panic. Cragger is eventually forced to a standstill when Laval corners him near a notoriously dangerous gorge. He promptly spouts this wonderful piece of dialogue:

“You’ve been lying and backstabbing, breaking all the rules and stealing our Chi!”

This is a horrific exaggeration of what actually happened, and one of the first instances of Laval’s gaslighting towards Cragger. The “lying and backstabbing” part is a complete falsehood, while the claim that he broke “all” the rules is grossly inaccurate seeing as he only actually broke one. Not to mention that Laval himself encouraged the behaviour he’s now condemning!

4 Likes

so now there’s evidence monopoly’s a scaly

5 Likes

Always has been
His selfmoc is literally a snake with arms and legs

5 Likes

also my character in the transformers rp transformed into a snake

also I have more Rahkshi than any other mocs

also all the bats have Rahkshi heads

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

just for you cordax

6 Likes

I dunno man, this is a severely tough sell. The Crooler-Cragger manipulation is one of the only parts of Chima I watched/remember, and as I recall it’s Crooler intentionally intoxicating her own brother with mind-control-flower to start a war after their parents are presumed dead. Definitely not much heroing going on there.

Also now that I look again, Crooler is distressingly thicc. You’re suspicious. =P

5 Likes

I admit that crooler probably isn’t the most heroic person ever but she’s undoubtedly way better than Laval. Her intention is to start war, but that war seems justified as the lions are completely horrible people.

Crooler’s motive is to take control of all the Chi, but it’s never explicitly specified why. Sure, we assume it’s for malicious purposes since she’s the ‘villain’, but for all we know it could be because she believes that the crocodiles would be able to divide the chi much more fairly and start decreasing the large amounts of poverty found in her tribe and others.

Lagravis (and by extension, Laval), claim that Chi should be “shared fairly by all.” This statement is true, but we know for sure that lions don’t adhere to it considering the large margin between how much Chi they produce and how much Chi they give away.

The final thing of note is the notion that the Lions were responsible for the ‘death’ of Cragger’s parents, a claim Laval consistently denies, often yelling “CRAGGER THAT’S NOT WHAT HAPPENED” when the idea is brought up. But thing is… that’s totally what happened. First of all, Cragger only came to the gorge in the first place as a result of Laval’s stupid actions the second time Cragger comes to the Chi pool. If not for Laval being intent on ruthlessly pursuing Cragger as opposed to simply restraining or stunning him, Cragger probably wouldn’t have sent up the distress flare which alerted the crocs to his presence.

Furthermore, when Lagravis sees the flare from a distance, he decides the best course of action is to bring the entire lion military to the gorge, because as he claims “A Croc Flare can only mean one thing - full on battle!” This seems completely insane. Why would such a flare even exist? Why would you ever create a distress flare which meant “help I’m in danger please come and assault me”? It seems more like this Croc Flare is meant to be solely answered by crocs, and Lagravis just takes fun in fighting people for no reason.

Things only get worse once the lions arrive. The entire battle breaks out because a croc weapon misfires, completely missing the lions, who apparently take it as an intentional shot and start firing barrages of lasers at them. This, combined with Lagravis’ earlier remarks about the Croc Flare, may suggest that the lions are all just trigger-happy warmongers. Partway through the battle, Lagravis’ vehicle is harpooned by Crominus’ tank. Seeing this, Lagravis decides not to abandon his vehicle, or attempt to remove the harpoon, but instead suddenly drives at full speed over incredibly rough terrain, smashing the croc tank into just about everything and wrapping the harpoon cable around the cockpit, sealing it shut. Finally, Lagravis comes to a sudden stop, sending the tank right into the gorge. This entire ordeal is portrayed as a complete accident, which is completely ridiculous. The idea that all these variables were so perfectly set up by accident is very hard to believe, especially considering Lagravis’ sudden crazy driving for no apparent reason.

Finally, Cragger attempts to pull the tank from the gorge, cutting the harpoon cable as he believes the lions are not truly trying to help. This mindset is understandable, as not only did a lion (his ‘best friend’, no less) scare him enough to send up a distress flare, but the lions then responded to said flare with a full military assault and were the ones to throw the tank in the gorge in the first place. Cragger’s distrust here is completely justified, and probably accurate considering the lions would probably arrest Crominus and Crunket were they to get their hands on them. Cragger knows he doesn’t have the strength to lift the tank, and calls desperately for someone to supply him with Chi. The lions not only refuse, but also make absolutely no attempt to help Cragger lift the tank themselves. Sure, Cragger legally can’t use Chi, but the lion soldiers definitely can, yet they don’t even try to provide aid. Due to Cragger’s inadequate strength, the tank falls from his grip into the depths of the gorge.

There is no denying that the entire event was absolutely the lions’ fault, which makes Crooler’s claim that Cragger should avenge his parents justified. Even then, Crooler’s Persuader Plants are just that: Persuader Plants. Not ’Command Plants’ or something. All they do is make someone more susceptible to persuasion, which means that person must have some ambition to actually do the acts they commit under the influence. In fact, before Crooler uses the plant, Cragger is adamant that the ordeal wasn’t the lions’ fault, and is in complete denial that Laval would ever do such a thing, likely due to Laval’s gaslighting beforehand. All Crooler is trying to do in this situation is make Cragger see the truth for what it is. She wants to go to war with the lions for their atrocities, but knows she can’t because she doesn’t really have much power in the croc hierarchy, despite being the rightful ruler. Most crocs from what we see tend to agree with Crooler’s views, with Cragger simply not being able to comprehend that the lions; who he previously appeared to be on good terms with, unlike other crocs; would ever intentionally harm him and his family.

Also,

I think that’s just a weird stylistic choice of mine. Just look at these guys:

5 Likes

you draw every character with thighs wider than their torso

so Crooler is only less horrible than Laval but still used drugs to manipulate her brother into starting a war she believed was justified for revenge

ok

2 Likes

yes that’s correct

1 Like

tl;dr Chima gets really convoluted if you read too much into it

3 Likes

I appreciate how much thought you’ve put into this, and I agree with you in this wise: let’s be honest, it’s Chima, they’re all dirtbags. =P

Also:

I don’t begrudge you this in the least. =P

5 Likes

You’ve upgraded from batgirls to Crocgirls

3 Likes