Most useful Torso piece?

meanwhile, mine only get an hour, tops, before they hit the pile.

anyways, yeah. Protector or Vahki hips.

Hmmm honestly I would go with the Mata torso. It’s good for anchoring lots of custom onto with all those connections. (It never ends up actually being visible on a moc though)

1 Like

Ehhhh

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

What for?

Vahki waists are great.

1 Like

Pointing out that waists weren’t allowed.

1 Like

Well, the reason why everyone mentions Vahki hips, is because they’re so useful.

2 Likes

Well y’see, I didn’t actually read the OP. Figured that the title told me all I’d need to know. :stuck_out_tongue:
(also, don’t do what I did; it’s unhealthy)

Yeah, I think I have literally one toa-sized moc that doesn’t use it at the base for its torso, and it’s not even one that I’d post online(for being somewhat unremarkable, that is).

1 Like

i find this piece to be the most useful one.

what piece?

The HF 1.0 torso is surprisingly useful due to its wide array of connection points. It’s also one of the few torsos to have a realistic spine.

4 Likes

out of curiosity, can you show an example?

1 Like

16 Likes

oh… wow, that’s really good.

2 Likes

Is that chest armor shell just on a ball joint?

Maybe you could show it to us without the shells? I am also very curious, because I remember your Anubis MOC used this torso, and considering I have one I think it’d be useful to learn how to apply it! :smile:

I have a few, and most, if not all of these are seen on CCBS MOCs.

• Vahki Waists - Anyone who makes custom torsos should know how useful this is! With a nice size and lots of connection points, you can make wonders using this torso. Even my Self-MOC uses it.

• XT4/Protector Torso - Can be used extremely well in custom torsos, as seen in the Darth Vader set. It’s also a nice torso frame for any Islander/Okotan MOC, or even CCBS Matoran.

• Waist Torso - As the fan name states, this torsos gives you some built-in waist articulation, while having lots of useful technic pin and axle holes. It can be used in so many different ways, it’s crazy!

• Technic CCBS Torso Frame (SW Torso) - I’d say this is the “2.0” version of the original Hero Factory CCBS Frame intorduced in late 2010/early 2011. Because 2015 started the “transistion” to a more technic-oriented system, the original frame was still used on the sets for that year, and they found a way to make it work with the gearbox. However, for more solid and ingenious designs, LEGO saw that this torso had some limitations. With that, they spent 2015 remodeling the original frame to fit with their newer style of build.

And when they remodeled this torso, they fixed various problems with last year’s builds. They, for one, removed the exposed ball joints, and moved the arms to where they should be. They also made more connection points, and changed the shape of the ball connector inside of the torso, which makes it easier to MOC with.

4 Likes

Someone on Eurobricks built that Xplode mod. As for the Anubis moc, I can’t show you how I built it because it breaks the Boards advertising policy so I’ll message you a breakdown in LDD. :slight_smile:

2 Likes