My First Self Moc, Hutere, Toa of Air

This is my self moc. He leads a toa team of about 8 other toa, whom I will post when they are finished. Constructive criticism is encouraged.

10 Likes

Very reminiscent of the Phantoka Lewa set. Good job with this MOC overall, I’m glad to see more Green dudes popping up!

The color scheme doesn’t flow to well. Not a fan of how you built the limbs. As a whole it kind of looks like Lewa put on a bunch of scrap metal, and grabbed a badly made spear because there was nothing else available.

2 Likes

Not a fan of the open sockets on the arms and legs, not too bad for a first time though

1 Like

The moc is a little too close to Lewa phantoka, but it has a good look to the chest; very broad.

5 Likes

Oh boy this one is going to be hard. I hate having to sound like a hater.

I am not a fan of the limbs at all, The open sockets really turn me off from this MOC.
The color scheme doesn’t flow well.
The spear is a little to small compared to the rest of the MOC.
The spear also doesn’t look the best. But I’m guessing that is from a lack of parts.
And that’s about it.
But hey that’s just an opinion, my opinion.

1 Like

The color scheme could use some work (particularly the white).

Thanks for having remorse.
@White_Rainbow The open sockets were a problem I was well aware of and wasn’t sure how to fix. Also, perhaps I wasn’t clear that this is going to be reworked and I am hoping for suggestions on how to fix problems like the open sockets.
@ToaSonus The point is to look like that.

Since you’re looking for way to fix the open sockets. Here’s a suggestion. Remove the extra limb parts entirely. Aside from it creating the problem of open sockets, it also messes with the proportions.

1 Like

What? Are you just straight up insulting me, or am I missing something? :confused: (you also spelled the wrong)

1 Like

Not at all. I’m just saying that stacking thigh/upper arm parts doesn’t look very good.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant that the moc would look better with no limbs, and people have insulted me in that way before.

xD Understandable.

3 Likes

Fix this.

And the MOC will be way better. Like Sonus said do away with the staking limb pieces, it’s really weird looking.

1 Like

I actually agree. I have no clue why I did this in the first place.
Here’s the new look. Still not perfect, but better (I hope).

@ToaSonus
@White_Rainbow
@GIF._Man._Ben
@Yveran
Thanks!
@tak210 Lewa Phantoka is my favorite set and when his like sockets broke and bionicle returned, I figured I would use his pieces in a self moc (I really loved the mask, and still do) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well, the sockets are gone but now it is really really simple, this is pretty much an slightly broader Lewa Phantoka, and I get you love the set but rather than a MOC feels a bit more like a Revamp

2 Likes

Trust in her wisdom, grasshopper.

Ben’s too.

2 Likes

Now I remember! That was why I used those parts in the first place! :rage:
@ToaSonus I guess this is what happens when you build a set from a mask and a custom chestplate. :confused:

1 Like

You must find a way to make it look good at the same time make it look somewhat special.

2 Likes

Either one doesn’t work really well, one is too simple, and the other one looks bad. I’m sure you can find other ways to build limbs.

1 Like