My Toa Hagah Entry!!! (Bionicle Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Hi guys!
I present to you my entry to the toa Hagah art contest.

Some minor changes I made to the mocs:

1. in order to make the metallic colour of the Toa a 2-2-2 split, I either have to change Pouks blue or make Kualus gray. I went for gray Kualus because blue Pouks look a bit too flamboyant for the general aesthetic of the team in my opinion.
  2. I feel like Pouks’s CCBS spear tip feels a bit out of place considering that there are no other CCBS pieces to be found in the team. Therefore, I change it into a Chima Cragger blade.
  3. I changed Gaaki’s mask because Doni wants it to be changed. I was suggested to use this bootleg bionicle design which I think is really cool but lacks details. I combined it with a breathing system element the original mask used in the moc.

I hope you like it! This is my first entry to a Bionicle canon contest, so hopefully I’m doing everything correctly:)

104 Likes

I really like your shading style and accuracy to the mocs. One nitpick I have is that you used the original mask for Gaaki which Galva and the moc builder preferred not to use. Other than that this is a solid artwork and I hope it makes it far into the polls.

7 Likes

thank you!

Oh didn’t know that. Well, fingers crossed that it wouldn’t be a big issue, cause that mask is so cool.
Edit: it’s changed

4 Likes

I like it but one of Bomongas feet looks a little weird
It doesn’t seem to be attached.

But other than that its great.

6 Likes

This style is beautiful! Fantastic posing and colors. This’ll likely be what I vote on, good luck!

4 Likes

yeah definitely don’t look that closely it’s full of little mistakes lol.

thanks mate i appreciate that:)

4 Likes

Really nice! I like your art style.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like it.

2 Likes

Seems like a very Bionicle-esque artstyle. You definitely have my vote.

3 Likes

Thanks man:)

Ah, beautifully done! I especially love Gaaki’s stance. Good luck in the contest!

2 Likes

Boo for 2/2/2! Make my man Kualus blue!

All color grievances aside, this is really well done. Good luck!

EDIT:

I mean, I’m no fan of Blouks either, but “flamboyant”? That’s a… strange grievance. Especially considering this contest is for a series of technicolor magic robots.

6 Likes

Yo this is slick! Got my vote so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Def a top tier art piece. Love your art style and posing for the characters. Gaaki’s old mask and Kualus losing his majestic blue armor def make me feel conflicted tho.

7 Likes

I get what you mean, but I guess what I’m trying to say is that Blouk’s complementary colour scheme is just really strong imo. especially when he’s standing in a team of toa with a more dark and reserved colour scheme.

thats so nice thank you:)

@doni sorry!!! I didn’t know you want her mask changed…

Edited for Double Post - Spiderus Prime

1 Like

I’m glad you kept Pouks’ mask. They all look great together!

5 Likes

the mask is amazing, can’t get myself to change it even if i tried.

2 Likes

Wow! Really nice, I love your art style, the Lego pieces are there, but you give them flexibility.

I prefer blue Pouks, but gray Kualus is an equally good option. My only gripe is that you drew those Bomonga limbs that I personally dislike.

Is that small square to the right your BIONICLE signature or something?

2 Likes

well check out this entry, it’s not that.

yeah I hear that a lot. But I do love those torso limbs, they give him so much individuality and a cool silhouette imo.

yeah that’s a character in my mandarin name haha.

Edited for Double Post - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

That’s what I want to see. You stayed loyal to the original mocs and changed the only piece I didn’t like (Pouks’ spear). I know that Kualus looks better in metal blue, but both Kualus and Pouks were built to have those specific metallic colours, so one of them must be changed anyway to keep the team consistent. Nice job!

1 Like