NARRR (Nogus' Amazing Random Rambling Reviews): Ekimu and Lava beast

Alright, welcome to the first NARRR! Where I ramble about random sets! And you get to read and insult the lack of information I give! And I use exclamation marks!
Ok! I will be reviewing two sets today.

First up: Emiku the mask maker!

Appearance: So right off the bat he looks Emikool (yeah!). I do wonder about the lower legs (boots?). Also the Hammer seems short, and overall he is immensely different proportionally from his other set form. At first the shield seemed too small but it’s grown on me. Literally. On my foot.

Function: TWO GEAR FUNCTIONS!!! The gear box from last year and the hip function from this year! Not one, but TWO!!! Definite plus! The saw spins too… Articulation and mask pop off function, fairly standard.

Build: Creative, but nothing special. Basically slap a 2015 gear box on a 2016 torso.

POI (pieces of interest): The crystal hammer head. Corrupted Umarak the Hunter mask (I think it’s that). The pin single-space holder (First time I saw that. Bricklink!). TRANS-BLUE MASK OF CREATION!!!
dubstep plays and a hippo dances
“I CAN FEEL THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
I love that piece, it’s so awesome!
Ok so over all I give this a 9/10. So yeah… DEAL WITH IT!

Onwards!!

Next up: Lava beast (sorry the wings a somewhat cut out.)

Appearance: Where do I begin… I hate those lower legs. Enough said. The ‘wings’ are pitiful! What guy at lego said “Let’s give him two measly blades for wings! That’ll work!”.

Function: The ‘wings’ have a function. Move a gear and it moves a blade. Hip gear is nice , didn’t expect that for the beasts. Mask pop off function is essentially the same, just uses the jaw. Articulation is standard. FINGERS!!! Actually not much to say for those, but they’re there.

Build: Not a lot to say. Just this, meh. And the back needs more armor.

POI: Crystal shoulder things. crystal blades (that don’t look at all crystal-like). Beast mask and corrupted Tahu uniter mask (for some reason it’s not the gold one. KONSPIRASY ALERT! KONSPIRACY ALERT!). The jaw and the head (I’m to much of a lazy slob to take those off. So…)

Overall this gets a beastly 7/10

Next time on NARRR: Storm beast! (maybe)
Bye…

6 Likes

Edited Title For Spelling ~ The Archon

meh…