New Bionicle Rituals?

When I get a new Bionicle, I always take it apart, wash it, and reassemble it. Not only does it get clean, but I like to think of it as a ‘you are now mine’ right of passage type thing. I also like to put the eyepiece and the mask on very last. Do you guys have little rituals you do with new Bionicles?

12 Likes

Not really when I buy something new, but when I’m building a MOC, I always build the left side first.

“why?”

“Hahaha… I have no idea”

13 Likes

I always inhale when I open the little packets. I think there is some Danish air packed in, and I always check for it. Also, my weird habit is to build the set with my Dad. I reeeeaaaally have no flippin’ idea why, but maybe because when I was a toddler, I built my sets with Dad, so… :smile: Memories, man :smile:

12 Likes

Whenever I get new Bionicle, after assembly, I would sleep with it near me that night. Let it be on the bed headboard, on bedside table, or under the bed. I’d like to have it nearby

14 Likes

Well I do have a ritual when I start building a new MOC, where I get out all the pieces I think I’ll use in the MOC and lay them out in a humanoid shape so that I understand where I’m using which piece.

10 Likes

I sniff the instruction booklet. Yeah, i’m weird like that.

Also, I always put the mask on last.

12 Likes

Yap, that’s a tradition for me too, but I do it as well with MOCs I like the most

6 Likes

When I finish building the set, I sometimes take off all their armor and weapons and just look at their skeletal structure. I really like to image them being these Terminator/Zombie characters when they dont have their armor. Also the new Skull masks add to that thing.

Also when I remove their armor, I like arrange their armor pieces in neat rows (from smallest to largest).

9 Likes

Usually when I build a MOC I put a heart light in last.

6 Likes

rituals?
Of course

usually I get a mask, body parts
I put the mask in the middle of a circle, and surround the body parts, then pray to the MOCing gods to make me my MOC

I start chanting, by now the pieces should be shining and levitating,

I proceed to get a hammer, mash the parts together, stick it in an oven, throw it into an ocean, then it should rise and turn into a MOC

25 Likes

Locate the mask first when opening a new set - normally i’m fine if other pieces are missing, but the mask is important.

I also tend to avoid putting the mask on until the rest of the set is complete

7 Likes

You throw the pieces inside the oven, then throw the oven into the ocean? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I tend to look at the mask first, but that’s about it

2 Likes

I always attempt to build the set without instructions first.

3 Likes

yeah?
Problem?

4 Likes

I like to build them by the instructions when I first get the set, like not even differ from them even if I know how to put it together. But the second copy of the set, i just do it however I want.

P.s. I also keep the instructions in a neat organized pile and keep the boxes/canisters for whatever reason.

1 Like

I would guess it’s not fully yours until you’ve had to pull pieces apart with your teeth.

8 Likes

Back when canisters were about, after opening it I would SNORT the crap out of that danish plastic smell.

7 Likes

Yeah, I do that.

That doesn’t sound like drugs at all…

Yep.

I do that as well.

I love the way you put that, :laughing:

Okay man, that is weird. :tired_face:

10 Likes

Its not the same anymore with the bags…sadly. :cry:

2 Likes