New Bionicle Rituals?

I love white Bionicles too-- I have more of those than any other color.

2 Likes

I keep the boxes and rebuild them without instructions later

1 Like

ZOMG EVERYONE, RUN! IT"S A BIONICLE RACIST!!!11!!!@!!!1!!

jk, cool story :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thanks for making my day, I love these :smile:

The really weird thing is, once I put together a Bonkle set, I can’t forget the instructions. This rule does not apply to Titan sets and Playsets, however… :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

Before I build my sets, I like to admire any new parts or parts I didn’t have before, and see what they’ll look like on my self moc.

4 Likes

My “ritual” consists of opening and building the set, and then put it on my Desk until I can figure where I should place it in my fairly small and crowded room.

That’s… it really.

8 Likes

my ritual since i buy duplicates i paint one of the duplicate masks to be Tribal

they become my hunters

i’ve dones this since i was about 8

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot you painted stuff. You should post more of that. :smile:

3 Likes

i have to get some money

i’m going to be painting up a specific few masks

PS i will paint you guys masks if i have the mask just PM me and i’ll do it

2 Likes

If you decide to do commissions and sell your masks, I think a lot of people would buy, you’re good at painting. The boards have a Marketplace category.

2 Likes

i’d do them for free i would never charge

i do it as a hobby not a job :smile:

2 Likes

I guess I always put the mask on last…

And when moc-ing, the left arm always gets the cool armour.

2 sets per year max, although it’ll be hard choosing between getting Uxar and Akida next year.

I try getting the set that happens to break the mold most that year, while still being good.
e.g.: I got Basher because he had a bashing function, which no other set had that year.

Unfortunately, this usually results in me not getting one of those special masks, like the MoCr or MoCo.

1 Like

so I don’t know why

but from now on I will always build the smaller sets, then larger sets

and stone is always first for whatever reason

2 Likes

I’ve always built as much as I can from looking at the box art, THEN go to the instructions, and by then I’ve got everything made except the torso, which is what the instructions usually start on :stuck_out_tongue: Other than that, basic bag-sniffing like an addict, and then putting them on my shelves in a specific order with whatever bonus goodies they come with (Golden Masks, Skull Spiders, etc.) I also try to save to most visually appealing set for last; cuz I feel if I do that one first, I’ll forget about the others. Any extra ammo and the instructions go back in the box. (However with the 2016 Ammo holder-thingies that’s gonna be so amazing to have) All the while trying to do this as fast as possible so I can close the box and preserve the smell.

4 Likes

Put the mask on last.

1 Like

If the parts come in bags, I often mix them all together to make building the set more challenging!

6 Likes

I normally try to buy each character with their corresponding creature/protector/matoran/whateverthecharcterisadvertisedwith

4 Likes

same here

I do the same thing with the mask. I put it on last no matter what the instructions tell me, because it is kinda like the final touch that gives the thing it’s power.

1 Like