New Toa vs upgraded Toa in 2016

Maybe they can go the classic BIONICLE route after 2001:

2016: A year with villains first (Bohrok) and then new Toa upgrades (Nuva)
2017: A year of villains (Bohrok-Kal) (Rahkshi) with titans (Makuta, Takanuva, Takua & Jaller sets, etc.)

4 Likes

Hm… @Chronicler, so you believe in the upgrades?

Something to make the Toa different. Either it be becoming like Hordika, becoming equiped especially for flying, or just going Nuva. Any of those works for me.

they need more character development for the current toa, so i hope they run with them for a while before switching teams in the possible fourth year

2 Likes

this is exactly how I hope the next 2 years go

3 Likes

We might get a set of villagers as protagonists >.>

If it’s toa, I would like to see them upgraded based on their environment, like in 07’ or 08’.

Dont care, All I want is this MOC. Its so amazing. It has CCBS, it has classic Technic, it has Vakamas mask, its all that I ever wanted.

5 Likes

I think introducing new heroes each year gets pretty overwhelming for the story line. They should keep the mata for another year and just introduce villains. Or if they want new toa bring in a rogue toa team for the mata to fight.

That would require writing story and plot, which the developers seem to be depending on the novels for.

@TeslaEffect
it’s beautifull

1 Like

I would personally have new toa masters, like a master of lightning and a master of magnetism, master of dark, and a master of light. in all reality, i want a new master team, but not necessarily good guys, i’d rather have an evil master team. This way we can get some new colours, and some new masks, cause if we had a new master of fire, wouldn’t it technically have to be using the same mask tahu wears since it is the mask of fire now, not necessarily the hau

1 Like

Personal thoughts:
Upgraded toa
Why?

Well, lets look at it this way

For now, we only have 3 confirmed years
lego probably wants to focus on these toa for now,
just getting rid of them like that will be weird and out of place
maybe they can introduce one or two new toa, but for the most part, I will assume it will run similar to the og first three years of bionicle

2 Likes

also, they would have to do something different, like make new elements because the toa now have the mask of their element. so a toa of fire would have a hau, and nobody wants the same masks. Then, these new toa would need new villages, because they are an anomaly, and that would stray too far from the planned three years story most likely.

I dont see why lego would do any new toa yet like @Mesonak said, but I would like there to be the current ones with new armor and masks, maybe Ekimu can forge new masks for them as well as armor, that would be cool.

What I’d like to see is a set release schedule like 2008’s. If we could get 3 upgraded Toa and 3 villains in per wave, that would be fantastic. I’m not a fan of this whole “wait 'til summer for bad guys” thing.

1 Like

I would prefer new Toa to mix up the story a little bit. I would really like it if some of the villagers became Toa

I’d say that an upgraded bunch of Toa would have to be introduced next year just like what happened in '01. these Toa will not be new Toa as, like @Mesonak said:

the reason that they would have to make upgraded Toa is that kids who didn’t get any of the Toa at the start of 2015 will be buying all of these villains and not have any heroes to battle them with. therefore, to keep the kids happy, Lego will have to introduce another wave of the Toa Masters with upgraded armour.

I want new Toa. I want it in my gut.

1 Like

imagines Windfall eating Toa and getting it in his gut

4 Likes

Imagines Hawkflight trying to stop Windfall from choking to death on a piece. but instead of helping I just walk away

1 Like