Ninjago 2020 Discussion

I would agree, going into a video game world is a very over-used plot, and it is usually weak, yeah… spykids 3

1 Like

I mean what else are they going to do, fight snakes?

2 Likes

yep… I guess another round of snakes is probably due…maybe even, Cyborg-snakes… who knows, each new season of ninjago is reusing old villains with a minor twist on them.

2 Likes

Or maybe ghost pirates?

cyborg ghosts?

1 Like

Or maybe a pirate genie. Again

I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll see more of Nadakhan again within a year or so. We’ll see if I’m right or not, but it would be pretty cool.

3 Likes

Ok guys… hear me out… what if Ninjago released zombie cyborg pirate serpentine… and it took place in a digital world?

4 Likes

That would be pretty weird, even by Ninjago standards.

that’s the joke

1 Like

Welp, the summer sets are here boys.

We got three of these, the others being for Kai and Llyod respectively.

All ya Legacy sets.

(Images courtesy of the Brick Show: LEGO Ninjago Summer 2020 Set Images Revealed)

An interesting aesthetic they’re going for this year, some of these sets look straight out of fantasy era Castle, especially that skull castle.

(though I like the Castle one a bit better)

They also seem to be trying some sort of board game aspect here, with the little spinner/dice thingys, and the health counters. Heroica 2.0 I suppose.

However, what gets me excited isn’t the new aesthetic, of the board game features, but this.

THE BIG MISSILE LAUNCHER IS BACK BOYS! AND I WANT 20!

I mean, I love the big missile launcher, and I’m so glad it’s back in a stud-based platform.

I haven’t bought many ninjago sets, but I might just grab this one.

6 Likes

I have no words. The Season 13 sets are just awesome.

They are cool I agree, (the closest thing we’ll get to castle for a good while yet I predict) but I’m stille stuck on thw launcher. I love the old one, but a studded version will be wonderful.

2 Likes

“Skull Sorcerer” sounds like a bionicle G2 villain.

8 Likes

These sets look incredible. I especially like the bone dragon, the Skull Sorcerer (who I convinced a friend to want because I realized he was reminiscent of a plague doctor), the cool bone katanas, and the “dice” Spinjitzu thing with a game that kind of reminds me of Heroica.

Looks to me like the Ninja are going back to the Underworld, but I’m not cut up with Ninjago so I am not sure what’s going on.

3 Likes

I love all of them, especially the dragons. Finally, a fantasy wave! The last phew waves were bombarded with vehicles and tech, so this is a sigh of relief to me.

2 Likes

Man, Lloyd is getting all the girls. First Harumi, then Akita, racer seven, and now obligatory mystery lady in the largest set?

I know that technically we didn’t get racer seven in the largest set, but you gotta admit the dude’s got game

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, I love that we’re getting another kid Lloyd, though it’s weird he still has the green eyes. To be honest, I’ve always liked kid Lloyd more than adult Lloyd.

Oh, man, imagine a minifigure-scale Bowser’s Castle being built in this style, that’d be epic!

1 Like

[stares at the computer screen] THAT’S what he reminds me of!

I dunno…since this is Cole’s season, and he’s never had a love interest before, I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls in love with this new girl.

1 Like

A big theory bounced around is that it’s Cole’s mother brought back from the dead.

2 Likes