Ninjago 2020 Discussion

Possibly by the Skull Sorcerer, to taunt Cole?

My stupid theory was to be his bride, but thatā€™s the more likely option.

1 Like

I wonder why it would be just his parent, why not bring back Zaneā€™s papa too?

1 Like

I mean, this is supposed to be his focus season, soā€¦ but beyond that I got nothing.

1 Like

Oh, well. At least Cole is getting attention, because the reason heā€™s my least favorite ninja is truly because he doesnā€™t get enough. (Should have stayed a ghost, in my opinion)

2 Likes

I hope that the Skull Sorcerer is Clouseā€” Iā€™m still waiting for Way of the Departed to find canon validation, and a Cole-focused season with skulls and sorcerers resembles that particular story thematically. Also, heā€™s a villain that could be brought back without compromising the continuity. We donā€™t know much about him, and this gives them the chance to develop him retcon-free.

On a side noteā€” I laughed when I saw that Lloyd is the one inside the cage in the biggest set. I know that sets donā€™t always reflect the story with utmost accuracy, but I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if it works out like this in the show. What is this thing with Lloyd and cages?

2 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s what heā€™s into

2 Likes

Not that I think this is a bad idea, but the minifigure faceā€¦it looks more like Garmadon to me. And Garmadon is actually alive. Ever since he left at the end of March Of The Oni, Iā€™ve been wondering how and if heā€™ll return.

Of course, the Skull Sorcerer could just be an entirely new character, like Snoke was in Star Wars.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the latter.

Iā€™m still going with my theory that heā€™s king of the underworld, and he resurrected Coleā€™s mom to be his bride, making him Coleā€™s stepdad.

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably not Garmadon, just because that feels like a lazy route. Plus, theyā€™d have to make some sort of explanation on how his two extra arms became wings, which would be weird. Also, Garmy would be wearing a dress Itā€™s not impossible, it just feels off to me. I havenā€™t seen March of the Oni, so if thereā€™s anything there that might change my stance (no spoilers, please, Netflix is taking a while), I wouldnā€™t know.

I really wanted this to take place in the Underworld, but it appears that itā€™s deep underneath some kind of mountain, according to LEGO set descriptions. Not that he couldnā€™t still be the king of it, but I dunno. Also, I need this stepdad thing. Lloydā€™s dad is an evil warlord, Coleā€™s stepdad is an undead sorcerer. Just take his power to commit evil away and have him and his wife live in a skeleton castle somewhere that Cole has to go visit often

Besides, we all know who the Skull Sorceror really is, heā€™s obviously two of Ninjagoā€™s most criminal villains yet, one standing on the otherā€™s back:

7 Likes

I was thinking about the theme song, The Weekend Whip. Over the years, itā€™s gotten a lot of remixes. Many of the remixes were given new titles to fit the theme of the season. For instance, the Anacondrai Whip, the Ghost Whip, the Pirate Whip, and the Temporal Whip. Even after The Fold remastered the song and created ā€œThe Wicked Whip,ā€ the Season 12 remix got an alternate title that was ā€œThe Arcadian Whip.ā€

So what about Season 13? The title has been confirmed to be Master Of The Mountain. Soā€¦The Mountain Whip?

1 Like

might as well pop this in now

3 Likes