Ninjago Legacy: Golden Weapons Guardian Dragons

Description:

This set includes Ninjago Legacy style reimagining’s of all four original Ninjago dragons from 2011.

Each model is fully articulated allowing them to be placed into a variety of poses, and have fully brick built heads that do not use the clunky specialized moulds of the originals. I consciously decided to use variations of the same head on all four as I feel it gives the dragons a nice uniformity. The dragons can also seat one ninja rider.

Part Count:

The part counts of each dragon, from smallest to largest are:

Earth Dragon: 347

Ice Dragon: 350

Fire Dragon: 576

Lightning Dragon: 589

Grand Total: 1,862

Support This Project On Lego Ideas:

34 Likes

These look really good, and definitely remind me of the 2011 dragons.

1 Like

Chage wings between Lightning Dragon and Fire Dragon, and they will be perfect. Earth one is the worst of them, and the ice one is the best. Overall very good designs, really look like sets. Nice inclusion of 2011 details. Interesting heads, sadly that jaws do not move.

They do move

2 Likes

Lies! I used to own the earth dragon and it was pretty terrible, scissors moc of the earth dragon is way better looking (besides that one gold rock piece) and is creative in its ‘big cat’ like design.
Amazing project @StudentScissors these are fantastic reimaginings :+1: one suggestion is maybe make the beginning of the fire and lightning dragons tails slightly bigger-the transition is quite jarring-especially on the fire dragon.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree there. All the winged ones are vast improvements, but I feel like Rocky’s original set was better than this one.

Ah, I see it now. Then that’s quite cool :smiley:
@Axelford Also a bit of explanation: I think that Rocky has 2 main cons:
The golden piece on the back slightly breaks color scheme
With his “mane” diminished, he looks smaller than other dragons, and even his own tail looks too big for my taste.
That’s why I like him less the other 3.

Fair enough. I agree on the first point-it could probably be fixed by introducing gold elsewhere or replacing it. Your second point though-personally I prefer this mane over the 4 lazy aircraft tails used in the original and the tail does kinda match the hefty one the original had. Oh well-he’ll always be my favourite :stuck_out_tongue: