Ninjago:Possession

Except Mata Nui didn’t write their destinies, the GBs did. And as we saw, the GBs had little control over how things went down anyway.

1 Like

Also, I may have been overreacting in that post. More likely destiny just affects the little things out of your control that may sway your path.

Still a stupid excuse for a metaphysical force though.

Well Morro somehow defied destiny so that can show how little control they have over people in Ninjago

1 Like

Yeah, but that was kind of a big deal. Everyone isn’t always just defying destiny, or so it seems.

I hate the entire idea of people writing their lives. it makes everything that they have ever done seem pointless and stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the impression I got at first, which is bad. However, I doubt “destiny” works to that extent. It’s probably more like the small things out of your control that help shape your path. We’ve never seen it do anything bigger than that.

Once again, it’s still stupid that there has to be “writers of destiny” or whatever, but that’s just the case now. Why is it not an ambiguous, perhaps even nonexistent, yet somehow relevant metaphysical force like it was presented before? Ugh. Who knows.

2 Likes

yeah, I just wish they RECORDED it instead of writing it. makes a lot more sense, and maybe they write it as in they see the future and write it,

1 Like

Well remember, Fennewick WANTED Morro to win. That was his destiny. The ninja’s destiny was to be defeated by Morro. The changed that. They made their own destiny. THAT was the lesson of this season. You can change destiny.

2 Likes

Somehow I get the feeling it was edited and then left up to chance. Remember, in the finale one of the monks told the younger one who had earlier helped the ninja not to do so; declaring that the conflict was up to them to resolve.

So… I’m not sure. If anything, it’s the contrary considering Nya’s thing.

2 Likes

Okay, so after Morro started to mess with destiny, he broke it?

1 Like

When Morro went to Cloud Kingdom, destiny fell out of the writer’s hands.

2 Likes

HE NUKED FATE.

or something of the sort.

1 Like

Well… Temporarily, at least. :confused:

I heavily doubt Destiny and all that is gone for good.

Speaking of Destiny, does anyone have any idea as to why the DB2.0 set is called “Final Flight of the Destiny’s Bounty”? Perhaps a dropped plot point?

1 Like

That’s just LEGO set naming. I mean, Jay’s car is “Jay Walker One”. TTV even made a joke about how ridiculous set names are in Podcast 155.
Var: "He can’t just come up with random ‘NINJAGO Tornado Cycle Beast from Heaven’ "
Eljay: “I really hope that comes out now.”:

Bottom line: “Final Flight” sounds cool.

1 Like

I liked it a lot, possibly more than some of the other seasons. Though felt the finale let things down for me. You have this epic battle set-up and its just Nya who saves the day. Plus they try to give Morro a redemption storyline that doesn’t really feel like it fits after he tried leaving Lloyd to die in alternative realms

This is my second favorite season, after Season 4; however, I don’t think that Morro had a redemption arc. It seemed more like a tragic death. His last line was “You can only save those who want to be saved.” This sounds a lot like a man refusing salvation and choosing ■■■■■■■■■, even after his savior has unlocked the gateway. Morro’s death wasn’t sacrifice, it was suicide.

1 Like

What else is funny is that that’s literally Jay’s name.
Jay Walker.

Also, Raptor, about Lloyd’s voice Actress

Also the voice of Jay’s mom.

@RaptorTalon

2 Likes

Yeah, get a male voice actor. because Jillian is kinda…annoying? unfitting? I dunno, but I hope Lloyd gets a new voice for the next season.

1 Like

Yeah. Females don’t necessarily fit for the male role. Lloyd hasn’t grown yet, though, mentally.

2 Likes

But he did get older in body…

that means he should have gotten a deeper voice.

2 Likes