Nocturn the Condemned

A modern take on the 2007 LEGO Bionicle set, 8935 Nocturn (a personal favourite of mine), featuring both my TW2 and QG1 gearboxes.

Front

Back

Pose, Roaring

Skeleton, Head

Skeleton, Legs

Skeleton, Torso, front

Skeleton, Torso, back

Skeleton, Gearbox

Skeleton, Upper arm

147 Likes

Tis is awesome
The gearbox and head are my favourite parts
Awesome take on Nocturn!

5 Likes

Woah man, nice. I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen a Nocturn revamp before. I think my favorite part is how you used LEGO parts 4520610 SHELL 4 (5X5X2) 2007 | Brickset with CCBS.

2 Likes

Good lord that’s phenomenal.

Honestly mate, i’ve always loved your MOCs, the colours and build always just flow so well. This one is particularly amazing. I love how you kept the mechanical feel of the old technic bionicle, but also mixing it with newer CCBS parts, it’s incredible! Nocturn is actually also my favourite as well, always loved the set, one of my only ones that is still built. One thing I would say is that the mouth/teeth are a bit overkill. It just makes the head look big and comical. But hey, the rest of it makes up for it

absolutely amazing, 10/10 mate

5 Likes

Holy moly, I’ve been waiting for this ever since I saw that teaser, but man I didn’t expect it to be this freakin amazing!!!
Good job.
Also that head is PERFECT.

Edit - do you mind if I use the design of the head for a Carapar revamp I was thinking of making with a similar style to this?

2 Likes

Omygod he’s terrifying!

2 Likes

#WAIT!
######You forgot the squid launcher 0/10.
Something I forgot to mention before is that the placement of his weapons is very similar to Skull Slicer with the three swords and that one chain (or in this case tentacle).

2 Likes

My reaction was this was pure joy.
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

1 Like

This is awesome, but the red doesn’t work (at all) I think. Maybe replacing it with green could be a good idea.

1 Like

The red makes him look all the more lethal and poisonous IMO

3 Likes

Oh my God man, the nostalgia hit me almost as hard as the striking appearance of this moc! Seriously, words cannot describe how much I love this. I think this may be my favorite revamp that l’ve seen, and that’s saying something, 'cause I’ve seen a lot of good revamps. Heck, where’s Ven when you need him. This thing deserves a spotlight!!!

3 Likes

Wow, this looks fantastic, I love that head, it’s sooo spooky looking. :smile:

1 Like

You gave a 2007 set a gear function.

I love you.

4 Likes

I always forgot Nocturn existed. Gadunka and Nocturn merged together in my memory.

3 Likes

Mata Nui, save us from that mouth of horror!

1 Like

OK.

my main issue with it is the mouth.
The teeth need to be a bit more spaced out.

also, remove the red.
especially in the mouth

also, missing launcher of some kind.

As a moc, 9/10
As a revamp, 7.7/10

2 Likes

I looked at the first picture and my brain just exploded. This looks amazing.

3 Likes

holy crap this is amazing

1 Like

That’s pretty neet

1 Like

I really love this. It does Nocturn justice.

1 Like