Nocturn the Condemned

Ever since I got him a little over a year ago, Nocturn’s always been a favorite of mine, and I feel like this revamp definitely does him justice.

I love the way you did his jaws and teeth, as well as the addition of the new weapons.

2 Likes

Nice, definitely an improvement over the original set.

1 Like

I thought I had insomnia enough already. Wow.
Very colorful, very well made. The weapons are great, and the head is the stuff of nightmares.

1 Like

Not a bad revamp, you captured the character of Nocturn well, though I do miss his back spines here.

1 Like

This MOC is pretty well done, would be interesting seeing a video using the function? Along with more CCBS/Technic blends for older sets.

Also, 50th like :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

“What did he break?”
“The Island”

Probably no one will get this reference…

3 Likes

This looks spectacular. This most certainly does nocturn justice.
My only gripe with it is the upper chest armor thing. The print on it seems a bit off for me… don’t know why… I guess I just dislike prints.

Also, to everyone, kinda off topic, but what’s the name of those socket pieces on the upper arms? I kinda forgot the name of them, and I’m completely out.

1 Like

This is glorious.
Very nice recreation of an iconic set.
9.5/10

1 Like

Oh. My. Mata. Nui. This abomination is AMAZING. This is literally one of the BEST MOCs I have ever seen. GG

2 Likes

I never thought I’d see a good use for the Skull Warrior chestplate…

This is awesome. I really like the red highlights, and the mouth.

1 Like

The mouth looks cartoonishly large. Not sure about that.

Everything else I loooove though.

2 Likes

That gearbox is genius.

Amazing work.

1 Like

First reaction: That’s a nice rendition.

When I see the back: OH WOW!

That torso is just epic. Makes me wonder what Skull slicer would look like with a bigger budget.

The legs are also very cool.

2 Likes

Its one of the best mocs ive ever seen.
Maby its just my barraki soft spot

2 Likes

That’s an awesome MOC, I love it!

1 Like

FTFY, autocorrect.

2 Likes

Coolio

I wish more people made Barraki MOCs

1 Like

Beeyoutiful!

The CCBS and old BIONICLE pieces mesh really well together, and the addition of the bright red pieces really makes him stand out. I also love the silver talon pieces plying the role of the Barraki “teeth” parts. The gearbox is pure genius. I’d love to see it in action, if you have the time and resources to make a video!

It’s funny, actually, that you made a MOC of Nocturn, because I was working on my G1-continuation fanfic (which I recently discovered was not a novel idea) a couple of weeks ago, and I killed him off (he’s dead dead now, 'cause he was on the Red Star). This made me think of that, and now I kinda feel bad, after seeing how awesome you made him!

Excellent as always! I can’t wait for more!

4 Likes

Phenomenal work here. I haven’t seen many Nocturn revamps, but this one’s definitely the best one out of all I’ve seen.

1 Like

Incredible figure of nightmare (XD)!

In all seriousness, though, this Nocturn is AMAZING!!! Modern yet faithful look to the original, interesting yet not-too-busy build, riviting detail on the head, crafty mix of CCBS and Bionicle, genius design of active features (that includes the action gimmicks and the glow-in-the-dark pieces)- I will seriously be shocked if this never makes it to the TTV MOC Spotlight.

1 Like