Nocturn the Condemned

this is such an amazing MOC. totally love it. the use of that ammo belt piece from HF is so clever. never could’ve thought of that. same with the awesome gearboxes. great designs!

1 Like

Maybe if/when you get Storm beast you could swap the chest plate (I just thought that the colors would match better)

2 Likes

I somehow feel like the CCBS shells don’t suit him at all. And that’s not because I dislike CCBS stuff in general - it just looks too … edged and solid. Perhaps too armored up.

Other than that, a great MOC, though.
Love the head.

2 Likes

I love this moc. How long did it take to make that?

1 Like

I got to say this is a very great revamp!
Deserves a Solid Gold 10/10.

1 Like

There are no words to describe how awesome this MOC is.

1000/10

2 Likes

Gaudy.

great job once again!

1 Like

I like all of the contrast. The blue and lime go well together. And the red adds contrast.

1 Like

Sweet! But, I’ve two problems with him. One, he lacks a squid launcher. Granted, the thing is kind of crappy, but it would break up the monotony of the three swords. The swords themselves are another problem, as they seem a bit too generic, and the brown seems out of place. Also, the silver chest piece seems out of place as well, but I can’t think of a better way to do it.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your comments and critiques guys!

He took a week and a bit to develop. He’s actually been on my shelf for a couple of months though - I was very nervous to photograph him!

It has the very catchy name of Axle Connector 2 x 3 with Ball Socket and Axle Socket with Light Bluish Gray Rubber Insert. I prefer to call it a Friction Socket though, as that’s what it is.

2 Likes

Were they really supposed to be friction joints?
My Sidorak (I hope I didn’t miss an “h” somewhere in his name) always falls down every time I touch it :laughing:.

1 Like

I really like the jaw. The back could use a bit of covering up IMO, but to be honest, the rest of the MoC makes up for it with those great arms and legs. 10/10

1 Like

I can’t see any flaws. If this were a legit set, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
I mean, there isn’t a single thing I don’t like about this.

2 Likes

Only flaw I see is the Y-joint on the upper arms. But that’s more Lego’s fault for not remaking such a usefull piece, so…

I LOVE IT!

1 Like

Great MOC! I remember Nocturn, and you have made a great representation of the character. Awesome function as well!

2 Likes

As per usual the moc is simply fantastic. I do agree that you should probably swap the chestplate for one that fits better if you find something that works though.

1 Like

Wow that is creative it’s also probably the strangest thing ever posted on these boards

1 Like

im sorry dude it would have gotten a like from me but when the pics came for the mini-how to it just broke the illusion that this revamp was giving but it is nice to see that there are some sets that people are revamping

1 Like

I actually really love when people show the general construction of things, since it’s always nice to learn new techniques.

But to each his own.

3 Likes