Nokama V3 Update

Just a small update, I think I finally got her body looking the way it should. There might be slight problems here and there, but I re-implemented the gear function on her which works extremely well with the friction extenders along with a more human-like posture (by the way, I am not fixing Hangara, she’s supposed to look messed up). The previous attempt was quite boring without a function. I am having trouble figuring out what her weapons would be like. The problem with Nokama Metru’s weapons were that they were just gimpy spatulas IMO. It’s really not befitting for a Toa of Water, especially something that is supposed to represent a power-up. This is the last female I am going to make/improve on for a while. Next up is Matau, which I have big plans on. Matau is now my favorite of the Toa Metru.

https://i.imgur.com/g0N9wY3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Q0eh1qQ.jpg

17 Likes

If the primary aspect is the gearbox, good job. I think it’s pretty cool.
If the primary aspect is the aesthetic, I’d say it still needs some work. What you’re having trouble with is something that I really can’t blame you for having trouble with: getting the colors and textures to flow. Honestly, I often have rouble with this, myself. I think this MOC has too many shades of blue: Mata blue, nokama-trans-blue, trans-blue, trans-aqua-blue, metru blue, black, and then a random bit of yellow. I think you should try narrowing it down to one or two blues, which will be difficult with Nokama’s mask. I really enjoyed the red on one of your past versions, maybe you should try that again.

Also, I’d try doing away with black altogether.

2 Likes

The moc is great! I just think the knob for the gear box breaks the colour scheme.

1 Like

The technic pieces I primarily have in my parts collection are either black or grey. I decided to choose mainly black. We can say that she represents the dark depths of the ocean, especially with her glow in the dark shoulders and the shades of blue provide camouflage in marine environments. Her mask sort of gave me that vibe already.

1 Like

I’ve flipped through this topic before looking at old MOCs, but only now are the pictures working, for some reason… I like the gearbox, but the build is really tall and thin. Dare I say this is the only MOC I’ve ever seen that I feel would benefit from thicc-er thighs and a full posterior…?