Nui-Kiore (Yellow Rahi Rat)

A rodent like rahi for my own setting. Kiore is a Maori word that means rat/rodent. They are resilient little critters, capable of weathering the worst of environments and living practically anywhere. Even though they are small, they are still considered dangerous to most tohunga.

It is based on the 90’s technic/2001 bionicle style sets. I especially wanted to lean into the half animal half vehicular ascetic 2001 rahi had. It has a function where it will lunge its head forward and bite. It has a mask on it’s nose, so it can play the mask game like other 2001 sets.

17 Likes

Welcome to the boards, dude

Hey @Monopoly check it out there’s a bat on the boards and Tahatu is about to kick it like a football

3 Likes

I think you’ll find that this is, in fact, a rat

That’s your specialty

5 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

animal cruelty

it’s both rat-like and un-rat-like at the same time, which is very 2001

6 Likes

Coulda sworn it was a ‘B’

My turn to rejoice

3 Likes

love how you blended '90s technic with the '01 rahi, keeping a muaka-like function and mask in there, while making the body and parts of the head just scream '90s building style (and color lol, more than half my old technic is the same bright yellow)

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s good to hear that I pulled off the 2001 feel.

Thank you! Tahatu is a toa moc I’ll upload later.

it’s both rat-like and un-rat-like at the same time, which is very 2001
[/quote]

Thank you! Part of this moc was the idea of lego making a cheap rahi set that still had a big function.

The reason this moc is yellow is actually because I wanted to use some yellow technic pieces I had laying around.

3 Likes

I am cheesed to meet him

5 Likes