Obi-wan Kenobi (show)

I think Disney just needs to stop writing stories about legacy characters. Just for these shows to exist, contradictions and retcons galore need to be made, and the legacy characters themselves are often borderline unrecognizable.

The Mandalorian was great as it was its own thing. A completely new character with a story that made sense. They could do whatever they wanted with him since there was nothing holding his story back. It was so refreshing. I believe the future of Star Wars are characters like Mando, not the characters of Star Wars’ past.

4 Likes

Finally, a show where we get to see what Obi-Wan did during his exile on Tatooine. Spoilers: he doesn’t do anything but watch Luke bullseye womp rats in his T-16 and he trains to become a force ghost. If you watched the original Star Wars film you know what happens to Obi-Wan.

2 Likes

Season 2 is in the works already lol

1 Like

Sorry you don’t like people giving criticism toward a show? I just want things to have good continuity and make sense.

4 Likes

Loyalty to Disney. Loyalty to the brand. Loyalty is salvation. Loyalty is life.

4 Likes

No no, Leia is the one that’s Lumanous.
… gettit? 'cause she uses the name Luma in episode 3?

3 Likes

No, no hard feelings. I just didn’t notice any of the things you guys pointed out lol. I thought it was rock solid until I entered this topic

Definitely not a fan of season 2 happening… seems like a one-off to me

4 Likes

0/10, he didn’t said “Hello There” to anyone in the show

I liked the one where he does things

3 Likes

They pulled an Eli Vanto and just looked at logistics sheets for a couple hours

I dont think theyll go past 6 episodes and only one season given them calling it a “limited series” seeing what their other series with that title look like. then again, it is disney, and money is money

Im not really going to say a whole lot, since others have already made the points I have on it. Its kinda just there, not great but not bad

there’s going to be a redemption arc for Reva and Vader is going to kill her in a heroic sacrifice to save Obi-Wan and I’m going to hate it.

7 Likes

careful, my son

there is no telling if you inherited my power of being right all the time

9 Likes

Following the leak that was released a week ago, this is correct
What I don’t like about it is that the way she’s getting redeemed will retcon a line from A New Hope

She’ll get close to Luke Skywalker and light her lightsaber to kill him, but something will make her change her mind and obviously she won’t.
So the issue is Luke says he never saw a lightsaber before in ANH which after this series will be a lie.

I think that’s stupid way to kill Reva, but I am interested as to why people are so opposed to lines getting retconned. I don’t think it should happen 99% of the time, but on the other hand I really don’t care that Leia’s line in RotJ about her mother being sad is no longer accurate. To me, it kind of feels like people are just complaining because it’s Disney.

2 Likes

Well the issue is that it sets a precedent. If one thing can be so easily undone, why not other, more impactful things?

2 Likes

You say that like Disney writers aren’t painfully predictable.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m impressed with the series; it’s so pointless that even after the EP2 reveal that anikin is alive and wants obi wan I still feel no interest in continuing the series unless maybe I get bored enough one day.

As for revas redemption moment when it comes to Star Wars I I trust leaks; ROS was leaked months before the movie and the movie ended just as bad and painfully accurate as the leak sounded

Disney be like “wait, the plot is only damaged. Hit it harder.”
Calling it now: next episode they’re gonna have the Grand Inquisitor return and get his head cut off.

6 Likes

For the love if God, can we get ONE Star Wars project where the protagonists don’t dress up as imperials and walk into their bases like it’s nothing. Just ONE.

Also can Stormtroopers please be just… a little threatening? Tala literally escaped by bonking one lightly on the bucket. How am I supposed to take these guys seriously?

And like… we’re two episodes from the finale and I still have no idea why this show exists. Besides the obvious. $

idk man maybe i’m just sick of Star Wars at this point.

4 Likes

Reading all the rants on here has been very entertaining.

LEGO is now selling a Kenobi set with one cool minifigure and a pile of rocks for $50.

5 Likes

I mean technically Tala didn’t dress up as an imperial, she just was an imperial.

The droid is great, though that hammer is way too big. Kinda feels like a regular minifig hammer would fit better.

1 Like