Obol Akura

IMG_5440
A mythical being from children’s folklore. Known as “the great hypocrite”, as though he could peer into the souls of mortals and search their greatest faults, he never looked into his own soul, until his neck had atrophied from lack of use.

IMG_5444

This was my third attempt at building something using the matching black and white from the chess set. This one was built around the amalgamation of angle plates in its chest, which I had created spontaneously while collecting matching pieces from other parts of my current collection. The rest of him was built around 2x2x2/3 tiles, and stayed evenly split between white and black until I decided to top him off with the spires from Master Builder Academy - which I had been trying for a while to use those as extensions of a mecha, in the style of Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s Levnises.

IMG_5443

Backside doesn’t look great right now. Maybe I’ll revisit that later. Right now, I still have a lot more parallel sets of pieces, which I don’t want to all force on this MOC, so I’m considering a new MOC or two to use the rest of them. Comments and critique appreciated.

9 Likes

Bro got a chest like the Good And Evil album cover

I like this moc, he’s very cool plus the one blue eye provides a nice pop of colour among the black and white

3 Likes