Slippery Scavenger

IMG_5593
Automata of unknown origin, commonly found looking for parts at wreckage sites. Many of them augment themselves or replace broken parts with their findings. Generally single-minded and non-hostile, but when threatened their sharp claws and high-speed engine prove a dangerous combination.

I’ve had this MOC on my shelf for a few months. One of a handful of things I created in order to use up some colors I don’t have a lot of, and my favorite; inspired by Metroid Dread’s E.M.M.I and using a few colors from the incredibly colorful creator macaw + some dark blue from the quinjet polybag. It was originally held up by the lack of pieces to give it four identical claws and would have potentially got them from the macaw’s other color variant, as part of a plan to have more dual-colored sets for the project that eventually became Obol Akura - scoping out these colors in favor of focusing purely on black and white. So I settled on the self-scavenged look, with mismatched claws and unmatched shoulders.

Comments and critique appreciated, as always.

10 Likes