Obscure Bionicle Characters

I agree. It’s interesting how the 01-03 story plays out. I’ve heard people say that the Bohrok-Kal Strike was a “filler” story. But it is interesting to me how all of 01 and 02 are condensed into one book each, as is the Search for the Mask of Life/Teridax’s “defeat”. But the Bohrok-Kal get two whole books to do their thing, which isn’t much compared to other years, but in the scope of the Golden Years is enough to make me disagree that it is just a filler story.

3 Likes

I like to think of them as the prototypical Piraka. They’re the main baddies of (that part of) the year, but they’re not “big baddies” on the same scale as Makuta, “Dume,” Roodaka, or Sidorak were in their respective years. They have some individuality approaching that of the Toa, and more than enough power to go toe-to-toe with them. If you add a dash more of in-story characterization, a pinch of backstabbing, and voila, you’ve basically got 3 out of the 4 villain waves in the last 4 years of Bionicle.

2 Likes

the four armed axe wielder in that one 2008 serial.
can’t remember the exact quote, but it was in a serial that’s for sure.

1 Like

That one Member of the Oomn that died, after being sent to look after the Mata Nui island.

1 Like

That one Matoran who was shrunk to microscopic size in a Disk Duel.

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of that one
Sounds like an interesting plotline

1 Like

From what I can tell, he was only ever mentioned on the Metru Nui Ministry of Tourism website, though I could have sworn I’d heard of him somewhere else before.

I’ve been thinking about that, and you’re absolutely right.

For starters, he’d be one of only a handful of characters with memories of life on Metru Nui.

There’s also a lot of fun questions that could be asked:

Could he be found by a Toa with an Elda? Can he still become a Toa? If he stumbles upon one of the microscopic fragments of the Nui Stone that still has some juice in it, could that transform him? If so, could he use his Elemental powers on the same scale as normal-sized Toa? Could he still form kaita?

You could also do pretty much anything you wanted story-wise as well. For all we know, this Matoran could have become a Toa and has been fighting a micro-scale war against the Protodites in Metru Nui for the last 2000 years.

4 Likes

The shrink disk power is only temporary, so he would’ve returned to normal size eventually. Maybe he fell through the street, and that’s why he was never found?

4 Likes

I think this is a separate discussion; Time Trap shows the Shrink Kanoka wearing off in a matter of minutes, while the Great Sundial stays shrunken for multiple days after being hit with the same power, with no indication that it ever returned to normal size.

Imagine if the Toa Hagah just found him chilling in the Core Processor after he fell in through the ceiling.

4 Likes

Personally I think these maybe based on the power of the disk, Level 1 may be for a minute, Level 4 maybe a few days, etc.

3 Likes

if nobody else writes this story, i probably will.

3 Likes

No, because the Elda sucks, and can only detect the Ignika.

1 Like

It was also able to detect Matoro in his spirit form in Bionicle Legends #3: Power Play, and Greg has said a wearer could detect someone with a Huna:

More generally, it can sense hidden beings:

It’s just a question of whether or not being super tiny counts as “hidden”, assuming that the shrunken Matoran stayed small.

There’s almost a precedent for it too; despite the fact that Jerbraz’s invisibility is a constant, artificial state of being, a Rode-wearer might be able to see him:

That would make sense. This one must have been pretty powerful to shrink a Matoran to microscopic size.

4 Likes

The Metrutoran outside of Akhmou and Vhisola aren’t talked about much. I thought they were fascinating characters, and I really liked the dynamic they had with each other, as short-lived as it was.

Orkahm deserves a special mention in my mind because he wasn’t as selfish as the others. That and he was Pewku’s friend, but lost his memories. Only to reunite with Pewku after 1000 years when Takanuva goes to Voya Nui (according to Biosector01, but it needs a citation).

I’m just waiting for the Toy Story 3 style goodbye scene we never got between the three of them.
“So, you’re Orkahm? I’m Takanuva. Matau told me you’re really good with Ussal Crabs. This one’s mine, but I’m going away now, so I need someone really special to take care of her.”

5 Likes

I thought the Metrutoran were really underdeveloped, especially Ehrye and Tehutti. It doesn’t help that all but one lost their memories.

4 Likes

I always thought the Morbuzakh was pretty interesting.

1 Like