Official Star Trek Discussion Topic

I think it’s 10 years pre-TOS.

1 Like

Just saw Beyond this week and I agree with you there. Some parts of it did feel a bit contrived to me, but I liked it overall. As much flak as Into Darkness gets, I actually preferred Khan to Krall as a villain (probably just because of Benedict Cumberbatch). That being said, I’ll really need to watch the movie a second time to formulate a solid opinion on the various aspects. I picked up on a lot of the TOS moments though. Those were great.

1 Like

Happy Star Trek day, everyone! For anyone not in the know, the first episode broadcast 50 years ago today.

3 Likes

Welp, Bryan Fuller is no longer the show runner for Star Trek Discovery. He still is working on the show, albeit as an executive producer-but a new writer has also been added to the staff. Akiva Goldman, whose writing credits include the 1998 lost in space movie, I robot, and Batman and Robin. So I’m rather concerned about how Star Trek Discovery will turn out.

1 Like

To be fair, Goldman also wrote the screenplay for “A Beautiful Mind,” which won the Oscar that year. But the showrunner stepping down definitely isn’t a good sign. On the bright side, as far as we can tell, the production is nowhere near as chaotic as the early work on TNG was. I do have kind of a sinking feeling, though. =/

1 Like