Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

This.

7 Likes

Only if they are mandated that way.

I again quote the Ghid Rules because I do:

And that still hasn’t been decided.

Yes, now would you rather stay up till five AM for three nights over the course of a month to do that and deal with rude comments and rule-breaking for one month, OR stay up till three AM on sixteen different occasions and deal with rude comments and rule-breaking for four months?

The answer is you don’t have to do either of those things because Eljay and Meso are handling it almost entirely on their own. How nice of them.

They wouldn’t need four months of additional time, only additional time to vet votes. Maybe a whole week. Which is considerably shorter than the entirety of the voting process.

What I said earlier. Nobody from TTV has commented in defense or in protest of any suggested rulesets because any time any of them says something, everyone descends on them like a flange of baboons no matter who they were agreeing or disagreeing with.

Wow, Pakari built a MOC again after like, 3 years!

I downloaded Stud.io just for this, so you better be appreciative.

What does everyone think if I were to just totally Strakk a Metru torso?

Ignore everything else but the torso, the whole reason I made this was to see if I could.

11 Likes

I mean, it makes me hate you immensely

Rather than having a projected upper body to indicate age or… Whatever the heck LEGO was doing, this looks like a serious physical ailment, like he met Eliminator in a dark alley.

2 Likes

It looks like he’s trying to take a dump.

7 Likes

I think thats metru blue so✨ she:sparkles: is taking a dump.

On a more serious note, perhaps a vahki hip and one of these boys at a right angle could accomplish it better visually?

Or maybe not :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Y’know surprisingly, I don’t find this particularly offensive. Still, if anything like this was successfully entered and won, I would probably just rebuild it with regular proportions for my collection. Stance variations, or build modifications that can essentially be ignored by artists don’t really bother me. It’s anything that I can’t wave away by saying “it was just a creative license the designer took and doesn’t have real bearing on canon” that I’ll take issue with.

3 Likes

Interesting concept. Personally not a fan of the look of the back and sides, but a more hunched back look could be interesting to see. Though I think using a custom built hip piece might make the general proportions look cleaner.

2 Likes

Nope. The Vahki hip wouldn’t be able to connect to it unless you want to make it look like Gaaki’s pelvis is jutting out of her abs and her butt’s just hanging off behind it.

What I really meant was “the mask is shapeshifted”, the fangs were just the first specific example I could think of.

I completely agree with this, I just think that it should also be extended to variants of masks, including standard forms of masks that we only have non-standard versions of so far (Shelek, Inika masks, Mahri masks, etc.). A standard Shelek should be recognized as such if it is similar enough.

This is a grey area at best. I can’t tell you why this is, but the two images you are referring to are clearly different masks:

Additionally, the second mask has a much “taller” profile than the Kiril that we know.

Perhaps the Kiril was just meant as a placeholder mask?

This bit.

Very nice.

The difference is that Strakk’s hunch (and anyone else with a hunch) is in his shoulder area, while this is in the hips. It looks off.

That said, I wouldn’t disqualify it. I have no issues with the concept, just with this specific execution of it.

1 Like

Please don’t

1 Like

Scolio, Toa of Back Pain

12 Likes

The maths of this is questionable. Besides, the healthiest thing to do is give them as long as they need so that they don’t need to pull any late nights. I don’t mind waiting months for results if that’s what’s best for their peace of mind.

Also, I responded to your earlier post under the assumption we were talking about just staggering the voting periods and not the entry periods. If the entry periods were staggered also, I can see it increasing workload, but not massively. Though I could be wrong. But yes - it would prolong the contests in general.

Its more of a kyphosis but I appreciate the humor.

What if we gave Gaaki the flipped Metru torso so she can have lil swimmy leg action :eye::lips::eye:

1 Like

You’re missing the obvious fact that Sayger is A HACK FRAUD bad at consistency, and the first image is literally just a Kiril because that was what around. I don’t think we need to look to the comics for the truth about something regarding visuals, considering that the same artist drew Vakama like this.

7 Likes

I appreciate the use of “Strakk” as a verb.

That doesn’t look too bad to me in theory, although I don’t think I’d want it as one of the Hagah.

4 Likes

Poorly drawn satanic Vakama doesn’t exist. He can’t hurt you.

4 Likes

Sayger Vakama personally poisoned my water supply, burned my crops, and delivered a plague unto my house.

2 Likes

That’s nothing. Sayger Vakama literally murdered my entire family.

1 Like

I mean that’s still more set accurate than miramax turaga Vakama

2 Likes