Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (OOC Discussion thread)

How about [ Otomuki ]?

I got this from [eki], meaning maker and [mu] meaning mask, then I took the noun for greatness [to], lastly I used the stem [o] meaning place and added the four together as [otomueki] then shortened it to [otomuki]. It essentially means “great place of mask making” there is already a word for city [okao] but I personally think that [Otomuki] works just great, because a regular forge would be called [omuki] respectively.

3 Likes

Okoto mucky

Sounds paletteable, but rolls off the tongue about as easily as Tecottamem or The City of the Mask Makers.

1 Like

…Is that using an Okotan language someone made? Cool. And while jay gets the final say, obviously, that sounds cool to me.

the mu would be pronounced more similar to a moo

Yeah, OutofGloom made a sketch for the Okotan language and I’ve been going off that and expanding it as I go, since the core of it is really outdated, since it was kinda pre-2015, and when only Okoto, Toa, Ekimu, and Makuta, plus the other toa names were considered part of the “canon” Okotan language, so parts of it are really similar to their names. Still it’s a resource even if it’s outdated.

Using the same baseline of logic that made that sketch language, I was able to essentially take Umurak and get a word for sought or hunted, from that I could get Arokati, which is what I’ve been using for his species, since Arokati basically means “one who hunts.”

This is also where I was able to originate Geit as an alternate spelling for Geet’s name, plus I was able to create a proto-name of Gazeuzit, which Geet originates as a phonological reduction from. His name meaning "Origin of Water’s Melody" or simply “Song

1 Like

wait, so what exactly is this chat going to be used for?

I’m assuming stuff more related to the game

1 Like

I don’t know what either chat should be specifically used for, so I guess we can make it up as we go?

Regarding the City, I’m in agreement that it should have a name, but I’m not completely sold on anything yet. I’ll throw my own ideas into the ring later.

3 Likes

But Otomuki!

It’s a wonderful name

1 Like

I like it.

So if I get approved where exactly do I start off ? do I just have hoari appear next to any group that I want?

Oh yeah BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESURRECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM

you have no power here demon

Not any random group no; you’d need a reason for why that group, why that geographical location, and why that time of day. Several of the groups now are essentially in the middle of nowhere and it wouldn’t make any sense for hoari to appear.

3 Likes

So where would you suggest Hoari show up at?

Well he is an adventurer he could just run into any of the current groups that are traveling on foot (within reason) as long as they’re not in his hometown seeing that he avoids it like the plague.

Name one.

Gladius’ party is still exiting a portion of the jungle the local population religiously avoids. Ekimu’s party is in the middle of the frozen nowhere heading into even deeper frozen nowhere territory.

There are smaller groups off on their own (most of which are, you guessed it, right smack in the middle of nowhere(sure is popular right now)), but most everyone is in a location an outside player couldn’t just wander into. The closest one I could think of is Jaspar and Ilza’s visit to the library - but it’s midnight where they are…

1 Like

Did someone say library?

Did someone say midnight?

He also couldn’t have already been there or else the literal corpse eating would’ve distracted him

1 Like

I did say he did sneak out of his house in the middle of the night once. what’s stopping him from sneaking in? It’s in his skill set

Fair point, completely forgot about that.

Sooo. Is said cannibalism happening inside the library? Because if so Hoari could just be hanging out inside the town.