Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (Sign Ups) (again)

What of the returning cast? It’s been a while since a lot of us played.

1 Like

They’re doing what they had been when the game ended

3 Likes

Alright. Are we free to set up a PM amongst ourselves to sort of work out what’s going on with our characters?

2 Likes

Yeah, just keep me in the loop

3 Likes

A proper bio for Blaze will be made…soon. I just need to dig up the previous ones to use as reference.

If that proves to be too much trouble, I’ll just make a new one from scratch.

3 Likes

Oh uhh, here’s my sheet I guess.

Name: Taxon, or simply Tax (not as in "Nex, Rex, or Flex, but as in “Pay your Taxes”)

Element: Fire

Equipment: Taxon travels light: on his forearms he wear a pair of broken, many-times-repaired gauntlets, which may have had some sort of function in the past, but now only serve as barely makeshift armor. He has a set of small tools for tinkering with and repairing these gauntlets. Taxon also carries a backpack-esque chest strapped to his back, which he wears at all times. The chest is adorned with a large keyhole.

Appearance: Taxon is of average height and build. He was once well muscled, but in recent years his strength has atrophied significantly. A little bit narcissistically, he has painted his mask an uncharacteristic blue. Taxon’s armoring appears well kept, but many pieces appear to have had dents beaten out of them. (MOC incoming)

Skills and Talents: At one point, Tax was very skilled at crafting tools and weapons, but in recent years he has stopped such activities. He tells himself he still possesses these talents, but the validity of this claim has yet to be tested. Contrary to his appearance, Tax’s main physical skill is his speed and agility. Years of being chased by the predatory wildlife of Okoto has required it.

Intellectually, Tax, despite his somewhat frenzied level of activity, is very skilled at analyzing and solving problems.

Biography: Tax spent most of his life as a clan crafter for his village, creating tools and the occasional weapons from metals imported from the Earth villages. Despite a few incidents and accidents that resulted from Tax’s tinkering, he was a valued member of his community.

Until he wasn’t, in fact, a member of his community.

The call of adventure seemed inexplicable to everyone, including Tax himself, but one day he was simply gone, leaving behind everything but what he seemed to have on him. He claims he’s been wandering Okoto ever since.

Personality: Taxon is filled with a frenetic energy, constantly fidgeting and moving from one thing to another. He avoids talking about himself, but will gladly interact with others. Conversation with him is usually fast-paced, superficial, and brief.

In times of duress, Taxon’s energy level can either go to the extreme of panic, or dampen down to calmness, in which case he usually tries to take control and help get out of the situation.

Taxon also inexplicably has occasional moments of melancholy and seeming confusion. These bouts never last for more than a minute at most.

Flaws and vices: As judgmental as he is insecure, Taxon is oftentimes quick to make decisions about people he doesn’t know. He is vaguely egomaniacal, and while he hates attention, he loves to be in charge, and doesn’t always take well to leadership.

7 Likes

Interesting backstory you’ve got going on here.

2 Likes

Name: Blaze (Apprentice Mask Maker)

Element : Fire with a little Light from his mother’s side of the family.

Equipment : two swords similar to the golden ones Tahu had with fire enhancements, a shield that can work as a lava board, a spyglass, a backpack, a standard Fire mask, a powerless replica of the MoUP (he knows it is unnerving but he likes wearing it because he thinks the design looks cool), a mask maker’s hammer (currently confiscated by Ekimu).

Appearance : Blaze has red and gold armor similar to that which Tahu had when he had first arrived on the island. Stands a little taller than your average Okotan. Red eyes.

(Pictures are of my Self MOC, his swords and the shield. The headshot is my profile image which was made by Spirit Productions; if you are interested in their work, the link is in my profile description)

Bio/Personality : Blaze is an adventurer and a mask nerd. His father is an archeologist and his mother is a school teacher in the City. He has always striven to become a mask maker and was accepted as an apprentice to Ekimu and also had access to notes from ancient mask makers about theories on combining multiple elements into a stable mask. Not wanting to risk the safety of others, Blaze created a bunker laboratory in the jungles outside the City to run these experiments but couldn’t find any success. When Ekimu found out, he was disappointed that Blaze did all this on his own and asked him to turn in his hammer until he could prove he was worthy to have it back.

Blaze is a kind soul who looks out for others as best he can. He can be a bit impulsive, tend to get tunnel vision and have a short temper like his mother but always is eager to learn like his father.

In previous adventures, he had helped secure the Golden Armor among other relics and battled Makuta alongside his friends and now has his sights set on stopping the various forces of evil to keep the island safe alongside his master; starting with securing the Mask of Psionics.

He hopes to prove himself worthy of being a mask maker again.

If I am missing anything, I’ll make sure to add it ASAP.

@Traykar , is this sufficient?

4 Likes

Yep, that’s more than enough!

3 Likes

ok takua

I’ll be making a new character soon I need to torment the new people

5 Likes

I specifically posted pictures of the WIP in another topic and mentioned that

do not prey on my insecurities

3 Likes

That reminds me I have something to do as well.

Name : Taohi [Tay-oh-ee ]
Element : jungle
Equipment : hooked axe (similar to those used by skull raiders) and an axe with an elemental burst launcher integrated on the end of it
Appearance : broad shouldered, mask looks like something a skull raider would wear but has decorative horns welded on to it.

Bio : “action first, talk later” Has always been a quote associated with Taohi, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth, Taohi is an incredible strategist, he’s just infamous for his, shall we say, strange tactics. When Taohi was 23 he joined an elite group of soldiers to exterminate any and all traces of the skull raiders in the mask makers city, they succeeded in their mission and parted ways, Taohi however, stayed at the mask makers city and joined Ekimu’s elite guard. About three years ago Taohi left the city for a short time to do some “Soul searching”, upon his return he was horrified to find that the city had been attacked in his absence; ashamed, Toahi temporarily retired from the guard, but remained in the city in the event that he was needed again. To this day Taohi is ever vigilant for the call to action

Personality : stubborn if he has a plan he will insist on using it, will try and take charge even when it is not wanted, overly patriotic towards Ekimu, will try to be intimidating even when it’s not needed, will think things through before proceeding with a dangerous situation.

Trivia : Taohi was born in the village of Karaka, south of the mask makers city. He has been known to collect trophies, this is where most people assume he got his mask

1 Like

Mr. @Traykar I decided to make another character.
Name: Ractus
Element: Earth
Equipment: Dual pickaxes which can cause tremors when slammed into the ground.
Apperance: Strong from mining in the caves, he has black armor with gray accents, mask is gray with black accents, eye color is light blue
Bio/Personality: He is very gruff, rarely showing emotion. He hardly ever speaks, probably because of some event in his past?
He gets the job done without question, but cannot be forced into doing anything he doesn’t want to/has to do.

2 Likes

he’s in

3 Likes

How many characters can you make?
Do we need your approval for each one?
sorry for sounding pushy if so

1 Like

You can do as many as you like but they all need to be approved before you can start playing them

4 Likes

okey dokey

1 Like

Epic.

1 Like

So it turns out Mixel joints are a huge pain.

3 Likes

I’ve never had any trouble with them.

4 Likes