Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (Sign Ups) (again)

Dang, I’m not joining this LAME RP!/s

One last thing: What about characters with secret backstories? Is that allowed or do you just eliminate any chance of snowflakes?

1 Like

Simple answer: yes
Long answer: You may however if you want to incorporate it with other peoples narratives it may be wise too discuss it with them first. Like wise if you want your backstory to “affect”/be conected to the overarching narrative contacting DMs should be neccessary.

1 Like

Name: Lync Arati
Element: Jungle
Equipment: Elemental bow, knife, whip
Appearance: Dappled black and green armor accented with silver, small and lanky.
Bio/Personality: One of six adventurers Ekimu summoned to search out the golden masks three years prior, Lync has seen her share of adventure. Independent and quick-witted, she often dives head-first into trouble and figures out a plan as she goes.

So I guess I should specify: when I read “embellish” I interpreted that as meaning “expand on the existing character sheet to add more details”. Things such as plot-relevant details, powers, etc should be stated outright, either in the profile or in private.

In the past we’ve set a precedent of having any secrets be run past GMs in a PM. Secret from the other players, but not from the GMs. Again, though, that’s ultimately for Traykar to decide.

3 Likes

Okay, posted character is accepted, you’re not super bound to the sheet, but don’t stray too far from what you put, and secret backstories need to be run by me.

1 Like

Did you see my character?

1 Like

YO WINGER IN OA LET’S GOOOO

Guess I can re-enter hoari while I’m here.

Give me a minute and I’ll summarize what he did.

Oh here’s moc Hoari

And for all you people in the pm who already know about hoari’s backstory, if you need me to post it here feel free to ask me.

5 Likes

Yeah, he’s accepted

Name: Chook ( his real name is Chasevooseus, but most call him Chook)
Element: Jungle
Appearance: Lots of plants scattered around his armor (grass, flowers, etc.). Chook has green/yellow eyes, and has some rust on his armor.

Equiptment: Chook has a backpack with a slingshot and some rocks in it, and a book on the creatures of okoto.
Personality: Chook is a childish, bouncy character, who sometimes randomly jumps into conversations, even if he doesn’t know what they are talking about. He can be serious when he needs to be, but it’s hard to know when he thinks he needs to be serious. Though Chook could use some more teaching, he always has good intentions, and never wants anyone to get hurt.
Bio: Chook was born an ordinary Okotan, and stayed that way for a while, until one day, when he snuck out of the village to escape whatever task he was assigned to do that day, he found a very young okotan lost in the woods, and brought her back to the village, deemed a hero. Even though finding the young okotan was a mere accident, and he had snuck out the village when it happened, he was sort of a mini-celebrity. For about a week. After all the commotion died down, Chook resumed his ordinary life

Chook got like no time at all so I hope this is ok.

3 Likes

Is this going to immediately pick up events or will there be a timeskip?

1 Like

From where the last spider saga ended, I think Rainsong said:

2 Likes

So if we post a character that rain approved previously are they automatically Good to go unless you have a problem with them?

1 Like

Here you go^

1 Like

Okay so they get automatically accepted.

Yeah, just give me a basic description of who they are and what they’ve done

1 Like

Okay I think I did it right.

1 Like

Yep, I’m just stupid and forgot you posted it

1 Like

Do I need to build my backstory into a plot hook or will that be taken care of by the GMs?

Also who should I PM for my backstory? Just Traykar?

You don’t have to build it into a plot hook if you don’t want to, but if you do dm me, I’ll probably bounce some ideas off of runa and rainsong as well

1 Like

Don’t think these need any changes; thanks everyone for showing me the lazy way to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh wait, there’s multiple characters allowed?

I’ve been playing too much D&D

4 Likes