Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Keya didn’t move, keeping her aim trained on where he started rising from.

"I am looking for you."Vra’axinni growls. "You must pay after what you did.

3 Likes

“Oh really?” The Queen’s eyes light up. “And what did I do this time? You’ll have to remind me; I’m quite busy.”

1 Like

Vra’axinni can feel his anger rising. “You killed my tribe, you slaughtered everyone while I was gone, leaving myself as the last survivor of my culture.” He said, readying his spear. “I intend to make you pay.”

1 Like

The dirt began to move around again, only this time a head slowly ascended. It wore a mask smothered in dirt with the edges chipped off.

1 Like

“Yeah. You mentioned that you would need new robes to cover.” Hoari gestured towards his back “whatever that is.” He looked around. “What are you going to do once we leave here?” The Adventurer inquired as he fidgeted with a strap on his scabbard

“Ohhh… yes, that does sound like something I’d do.” She smiles. “You see, I’ll let you in on a secret: I despise your people for everything I’ve done to me. I’m glad I could give at least one of you a taste of what that feels like. How about this, little one? I’ll let you live, just so I can watch you suffer until you inevitably run to your doom. How does that sound?”

2 Likes

The Soil picked up the cloth and examined it through Hoari’s eyes. “Sufficient.” He slid it on. “If I am permitted, I will travel with your party. Although I must confess I do not know where I will be going, or what I can achieve by doing so.”

“But you people have been kind to me. A nice change of pace.”

“Take it.” Bramble whispered to Vra’axinni. “I don’t think I can miss twice and get away with it.”

2 Likes

“I’m sure I can convince them somehow. To let you join us that is, who knows they might have need of that ability to recall past events you showed off earlier.” Hoari reassured “in fact I’ll go talk to them about it now.” He walked over to Jasper and shook him awake. “Hey we need to talk.”

@rainsong

“I don’t think that would be particularly-”

Hoari suddenly disappeared and the Soil was once again left in darkness.

“…Polite.” He sighed and felt the edge of the cloak he now possessed. Too soft. Needs to be thicker.

1 Like

“We told you already, we don’t know which way the apprentice went and that our food supply is very low.” Tarkur replies

1 Like

Keya kept her aim trained on it. “Who. Are. You.” She demands.

Vra’axinni doesn’t respond, instead just lunging forwards at her, spear ready to stab at her.

“Me? I’m not… sure.” The head descends into the ground a little as he glances at the gun. “Please… don’t do that again,” he begs.

3 Likes

Ohh that was a bad choice

Bramble took aim again, letting another arrow fly towards the base of her neck. Please don’t miss please don’t miss please don’t miss

“Yet you knew enough to come look at the crater.” Morrus retorted, holding the burnt log. “And it would appear your judgement was correct. Was he alone or traveling with a party? Was there a scuffle of some kind? Was there…”

“…Forests that depend on heat for their seeds to…” Morrus stared quizzically at the ground next to the campfire. “Fire brings warmth and comfort when controlled. It’s not as reckless and uncontrolled… Fire is different from lava.”

He looked back up at the party. “Someone wrote this here.”

2 Likes

“Call it a hunch” Tarkur says looking over at Streke @meepinater . “He most likely travelled with Ekimu and hopefully the kids friend.” He continues. @Ghid

1 Like

Skyll twirls her spear, swiping Vra’axinni away with the butt of it and attempting to knock him back into Bramble. She leans into the strike, letting the arrow glance off her armor instead of striking exposed flesh.

“Oh, yes yes, you intend to kill me, so on and so forth. As a matter of fact I’m quite busy; I’ll come back and play with you later.”

Risa scratches her head. “I think it’s poetry.”

Vohman gives him a thumbs up. “We are not going to shoot our new friend in the ground. Right, Keya?” He gives her a meaningful nudge. @Runa

“mmst?” Jaspar stirs from where his mask was planted in a book, presumably one he had been reading before falling asleep. At a glance it would seem to have diagrams of Umarak and the Creatures alongside some archaic text. Jaspar sits up, stretching with a long yawn. He looks at Hoari, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

“Morning? I think I feel asleep reading. Wouldn’t be the first time.” He suppresses another yawn.

3 Likes

“It’s more than poetry.” Morrus grinned. “It means someone was either communicating non verbally or wanted a sign left for… For you!” He swung a root-like finger in the direction of Streke.

“Your friend, if he is traveling with this Ekimu’s Apprentice, knew you would be following after him, and left you a riddle.” Morrus beamed, proud of himself for deciphering what was obviously an elaborate puzzle akin to something he would definitely be clever enough to concoct. “Now what could it mean… Depend on heat… Fire brings warmth… Reckless and uncontrolled…”

Probably that stupid punchy guy with the large hands who ruined my wing.

The Lord of the Undying Storm was through waiting.

“You.” @BlackBeltGamer98 “If you don’t climb up here I will grab you by the head and throw you over the peak, and you can pray to your fire deity that you die of whiplash on the way up.”

1 Like

Blaze was visibly nearing exhaustion as he kept going having been doing all he can to train under the instruction of the city guard they were traveling with.

1 Like

“Don’t worry, I can help you! I have strong arms!” Offered Twenty Three, over enthusiastic as always, or at least since her introduction in this rp

@BlackBeltGamer98

“Are you listening to me?” The Lord of the Undying Storm hissed. “The Betrayer is likely on the other half of the island by now. He’s probably got his mask, probably killed everyone you know and loved, and all because you’re too tired to climb up here even though I’m strong enough to hoist you up entirely on my own.”

“And I am not going to let that come to pass, do you understand?” The hiss was turning quickly into a low growl. “So you take the hand offered to you and You. Get. Up.”

Risa stares at the ground. “Why would they leave a riddle? That’s, like, the least effective way of doing it. If they actually wanted us to follow them they could have, you know, told us how to follow them.”

1 Like