Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Gladius tried the same tactic again, hoping to find some way to hurt her.

She hears him and turns to face him…

But she doesn’t have enough time to bring up her weapon.

Gladius’ blade would find itself lodged in her shoulder pauldron as it was put between it and her face, connected by a long, spindly arm. Red-black blood ran down the blade after it pierced the hide-like outer shell. It pushes away and rips down, dislodging the blade, then returned to the shoulder of a deathly enraged Skyll. She glared at him with a burning, piercing gaze. “You…” She growled.

1 Like

Skipper tried to dodge it. The spear cuts a small scar into his arm. Due to this Skipper decides to fall back a bit and regroup with Azure, “How me defeat her? She dodges everything.” Skipper complains looking at his wound. “I don’t know! Just try to hit her some more I mean it wouldn’t be long until she is down that guy already seems to have made quite some progress.” Azure commented as she saw Gladius getting the hit through, “Anyways I’ll need to continue killing spiders.” Azure said going back to the battle.

Skipper got an Idea he changed into a skull spider and traveled towards the jungle to find something he thought might been helpful in this situation.

“Yeah.” Gladius shrugged, in a defensive stance. “Me.”

The spider appeared to be running away, which meant that this was the last battle Gladius would ever be in… Unless he either bolted, or won. And bolting wasn’t an option.

Ever.

“You’re trying to be tough,” Gladius snorted at her, trying to entice her into attacking him. “But you armour’s just not hard enough. You try to hide behind that defensive shell, but you’re weak on the inside, cowering behind power.”

“My armour’s built from the inside out.” He growled, staring down the edge of his blade. “Crack that armour, if you can.”

2 Likes

There was something in her eyes mixed with the rage, as a keen eye could see. It wasn’t fear, but she was definitely flustered. “I’ve had enough of swatting flies for today.” She says as her mask glows, all the attacking spiders stopping, then going towards the cliff. “But you’ll be seeing more of us.”

1 Like

“Will I?” Gladius snorted, relaxing his stance slightly.

It was evident, however, that he would. He hadn’t been properly attacked even once by her, which is why he evaded injury, as she was very capable of throwing him a ways with little to no effort, and he made sure to count that. What hid in her eyes, if Gladius could ever see his own, he might have recognized quite often over the many decades he spent alone.

Never thought I’d be considering anything - much less myself - as ‘lucky’, but… There’s a first time for everything.

Melody and Capella go to the nearest tavern. Melody slumps into a chair and Capella inspects the bounties. Some were already taken down and there’s one on the floor. She picks it up and sees that it is Song’s bounty, in other words Geet’s bounty. She reads the name, Rye, now knowing Geet’s enemy. She shares the information to Melody and they plan their revenge on Geet’s killers.

Rye looks up every reference he can find on Symphony. If this Symphony is the reason for his friend’s death, then he’ll need to complete his revenge. He reads up on the Late Kokinos history, it mentioned an accident, though not much is mentioned on the subject, other than Symphony’s parents’ deaths.

Dax cuts up some spider, the buggers are quite troublesome in numbers. Good thing he has his guard uniform on.

Symphony hears something interesting in the markets. He hears mentions of Song’s bounty. He also hears that it was already claimed and the one who put the bounty on Song was Rye, a travelling merchant of all Okoto. Symphony walks up to the okotans who were talking about the subject and asks them, where it originated. The answer was easy, the bounty had originated from the city of mask makers. (Which needs a better name, like Maskelous or something. Writing “City of Mask Makers” is tiring and it seems like the city’s title, rather than a name,) He heads to Sonata and they prepare for their journey back. Symphony buys a side-sword and new armor. His shadow cloak is still isn’t precise enough to be used accurately, so they can’t use it to travel as quickly, though it is more precise than what it was before, when he was injured by Umurak. He buys two cloaks for him and Sonata and buys her a pike. They head onwards by gukko to the City of Mask Makers.

Mokuzai leans onto a pillar and removes his mask to let himself breath.
Gosh dang. This is so sad.
He frowns at himself and sighs.
I really can’t take any of this seriously. I really need to somehow.
Slipping his mask back on, the wornout carver slides downward to take a seat.
I wish I could compete with everyone else here.
Mokuzai slips his hand into Dispii and makes her do a dance. He grins to himself.
Maybe I’m just incomplete in a way. I have Dispii though, but that doesn’t really finish me up as a person. I have a couple years to think about this anyway. I might as well not die until I can finish thinking this over.
Dispii gives Moku a nice thumps up and he returns it back with another one…
I’m incouraging myself with a puppet. Wow, I’m lame.

He forces himself up and gets himself ready for whatever he should meet, whether it be a spider or another person.

Skyll turns and walks to the edge the spiders were crawling down. “We’ll return eventually.” She says before stepping off and falling down, out of site, leaving behind the aftermath of the attack.

Tangi looked around, triumphant. “We won!” She says.

Hitora started to stir. “Ugh. That was close.” He mutters. Vinazu keeps dragging him along. “Please stop.” He says to Vinazu.

1 Like

“Wait…”

The Lord of the Undying Storm looked about him. Suddenly, his new comrade was leaving, with all of her pets.

“Uh-oh.”

Kryuna stopped, she didn’t know why. She didn’t know what to do. She dropped to her knees. The reality of the situation sank in again.

Melody heads back to her house with Capella, the first thing they need to do is finalize their plans with some friends, however finding them might prove hard. Melody decides that she’ll keep and eye on Rye, as Capella searches for their friends. They leave Melody’s house and Melody goes to watch the city gates, while Capella searches the city for their friends. They are going to get their revenge on this Rye

Rye wanders the city and stumbles upon Symphony’s gravestone. Well, the one that was used when Symphony was supposedly dead. He continues learning what he can, but the official records can only show hims o much and are quite limited.

Dax watches as the spiders flee. He wanders around some more in the abandoned district.

Symphony and Sonata fly above the jungle region, heading towards the City of Mask Makers. The Rye guy is going to pay.

OOC: Would Blaze be able to run into him?

IC: Blaze was still running away from the abandoned district, telling civilians to avoid the area around it while telling guardsmen to set and maintain the parameter around the district and surrounding areas.

Kryuna managed to get up. She felt like she had to run, to get away from, some one. She didn’t really know who or why, she just felt like she had to run, and keep on running, so she did. She soon found herself toward the edge of the city, out of breath, gasping for air.

Name: Radrix
Element: maybe fire
He looks like this:

Personality: Not very friendly. He is very serious
May I join?

When Blaze turned a corner, he might see a very tall being in dark armour a ways off drop his axe and raise his hands in the air… As well as a suspicious lack of Skull Spiders.

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em… And beat 'em from the inside. He tried to restrain the grin he felt forming.

Gladius, finally convinced she was gone, looked at the blood-stained edge of his sword and took a deep and bitter sigh. Blaze is going to share a few words with me about being a real boy and not a violent murder person in spite of, y’know… People dying.

Blaze saw the being and began to approach with extreme caution.

OOC: Storm or a different guy?

OOC: Lord of the Undying Storm, all right.

IC:

“Yes, I surrender.” The Storm said, hoping someone heard him. “Is anyone actually here… Oh, there’s someone. Here, I surrender. You can take my axe.” He kicked it across the ground before slowly lowering himself onto his knees.

Blaze continues to cautiously approach the figure, keeping his sword and shield ready if things went awry.

OOC: I feel like Blaze would be able to recognize The Lord of The Undying Storm but I’m not sure if that is me metagaming or not.

OOC: He’s very recognizable, considering he’s twice as tall as a normal person.

IC:

The Storm eyed Blaze suspiciously, until it hit him. “Hey! You were at the river, where I froze the plant-freak! Long time no see, eh?”