Okotan Adventures: The Dark (Signups)

Name:Henan
Element:Stone
Equipment: Carvers tools,fold-out pickaxe.
Appearance:bits of rust spread throughout the body,slightly rusted mask(its not infected its just coloring)green eyes,darker shades of sand red and tan.Typical height. Bio:After hearing the stories of the Dark when he was a child,he once entered inside,before being ambushed by a hunter,and then promptly being rescued.He wished he could soon find out what was there.What were the hunters hiding?
Was it a powerful relic? Something else?Throughout the years,he soon started forgetting.He was desperate to hold on.So he did.Through his carvings.He carved the creatures.The plants.Everything he saw.Others laughed at him.Said he was chasing ghosts.Maybe he was.He just didnā€™t care.Others told him it was a death trap.He didnā€™t care. He spent much of his time away from the rest of his village,and it didnā€™t help his health.And now, hes here.At the city of mask makers.
Personality:Speaks his mind without a second thought to get his point across.
Can be unreasonablely harsh and stubborn.Many say hes got a heart of stone.He says some of them are just idiots.

Well @Ghid,what do you think?

3 Likes

Very relatable

I must warn you that this RP doesnā€™t have consistent activity a lot of the time, which seems to happen to the OA RPs. As well, I will be actively throwing challenges at the party with the good chance that it will kill some of them, and I will not go easy on any of the players for any reason.

With that being said,

Approved.

4 Likes

HOORAYYY! So,how do I start?

Your character, like the rest of the starting group, would have received a letter like this, prompting him to meet at the Mask Makersā€™ forge. At the moment the rest of the party is in a training match against Makuta, but your character doesnā€™t know that yet.

4 Likes

No go. Your character hasnā€™t even arrived yet, and if he had, he would not have enough time to casually glance about the interior.

1 Like

oh.When does he arrive?

Anytime you want, but he needs to actually arrive.

Maybe try introducing them in a way like this. Show Henan actually arriving at the forge.

1 Like

Henanā€™s neck joints creaked as he gazed at the massive statues adorning the entrance to the forge.Amazing craftsmanship. Henan thought to himself.Probably took a year to make.As he began to climb the enormous flight of stairs,He solemnly noted to ask about the techniques of the carving,and the type of stone used.As he neared the door,it seem to be sealed shut.He again looked at the carving,and then,trying not to break the craftsmanship,knocked on the door multiple times.

That looks great to me, but you should probably post that in the RP topic, not the sign ups :slight_smile:

3 Likes

whoops thought this was.

Now thatā€™s a good start. Just so you know, most people when making posts put a space after each period used so the sentence structure flows easier.

4 Likes

Oop, just realized that Ilya completely ignored his bomb being Kylo Ren force-held by Makuta. Huge oversight, Iā€™ll fix it ASAP

4 Likes

So what do you mean by blunt end? the opposite side of the pole?

1 Like

Yeah, the opposite end of the pole. While itā€™s not sharp, it still should have enough power behind it to keep him at bay, and knock the wind out of him if executed properly. Sheā€™s not looking to kill Makuta here (though maybe she should be, would certainly save a lotta trouble down the road)

3 Likes

Orā€¦

Well if Makuta wasnā€™t mad before.

3 Likes

yeah, that tooā€¦

1 Like

So does this:

mean I can succeed in the next post, or should I still leave it up to the GM?

1 Like

You can succeed. But the window there is small.

However, Makutaā€™s having such a fun time you might not have to worry about that very soon.

2 Likes