Okoto//Turning Dark

So…reboot. Okay.

Also, not a very big summer wave, huh? Did the Rahi come out at the same time as the Toa Mata and Turaga and afterwards in 2001?

Well. This is interesting.

My notes:

“A new concept is successfully tested”: Interesting…

“Created an engaging storyline”: Sounds good, and also this paragraph makes further hints toward… is that a soft reboot/continuation I smell?

“Toa” is used on the write-up alongside “Protectors”: Legitimate names confirmed. 5 products at the end of the year – I hope these are villains, primarily.

“Nearly 2 years” – so Greg did know about this for a while (did he say “spring last year” at one point?)

“Okoto” – meh. Basically Mata Nui but with a new name so they don’t get accussed of entirely retreading the old path.

Also, THE CORE IS DEAD CONFIRMED… unless it gets rebooted as well.

3 Likes

Its most likely like the Hero Factory 2011 waves where we got a lot of sets in the Winter Wave with a few titan/more expensive sets in the Summer.

Um…No.

1 Like

OKOTO

…seriously?

1 Like

I guess not… but it means at the least that they’ve found a way to get past the problem of ten years’ worth of story.

I wonder how many of Greg’s responses on the LMBs are scripted from this FAQ?

Intriguing. So, BIONICLE will have a reboot? Figures.

@Chronicler
I see no confirmation of that - it has the same characters but a new story. That was effectively the same as every other year of Bionicle. The same characters does imply some form of a continuation - otherwise they wouldn’t be the same characters with the same characterisation that made them interesting.

I just feel its too early to judge as this information (If real) doesn’t give any clarity on what a ‘new story’ means.

Needs smaller sets. All of those sound like bigger sets. Or maybe i’m just crazy.

Yea that’s probably it

I hope to wake up tomorrow to see some confirmation or not about this. I’m inclined to believe it, though.

Yes. 2001 had 24 sets total, consisting of six toa, six turaga, six mctoran, five rahi, and the master builder set. However, take away the mctoran and the masterbuilder set and theres only seventeen sets total, just one less than what we’re getting here. If LEGO plans to have mcdonalds sets and something similar to the master builder set in the summer, we pretty much have 2001 all over again except spread throughout the whole year rather than just the summer.

1 Like

Wasn’t Master Builder from 2002?

1 Like

Ah, yeah you’re right. My bad. In which case, just disregard the master builder entirely.

With that said, we’re pretty much getting 2001 again, but so far without the mctoran.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for NYCC

1 Like

Also, if it says Toa, why they 're called masters?

Well, at least it seems like they will still be called Toa in-story. I’m still wondering what the protectors are though, are they matoran protecting masks?

3 Likes

I dunno, but it feels like they 've no personalites :frowning:

Masters is easier to understand on a store shelf. Your average child/parent won’t know what the heck a toa is

1 Like

This topic is now visible. It will be displayed in topic lists.

2 Likes

We have reached out to the “Highly Suspect” and have reason to believe that this is legitimate.

5 Likes