Ongoing Topic of my Golden Skinned Being Wips

I will post more pics if people enjoy these

36 Likes

these all look great!

7 Likes

Whoa… that’s huge! And the layering of parts on the torso is amazing! It actually looks organic, something that I don’t often see on Bionicle MOCs. Those head designs are really good as well.

6 Likes

mans is literally upper class income with this amount of parts dang
looking good tho
i like the head with the pink

6 Likes

@GoodGuy2006
I actually work for minimum wage lol

I just made some very savy shopping choices

6 Likes

Bro maxed out on gold by getting Lloyd’s Ultra Dragon

5 Likes

Most of the gold on this is all bootleg parts, you can tell because there’s a slight shade difference + there’s a large amount of parts in gold that never came in gold in official sets

Nevertheless, the build on this guy is great, very nicely filled out

I think my favourite head design is the one with Zaktan’s scissors

6 Likes

the sixth head is the best one there is in my opinion! it just looks rad!
i can wait to see the finished results.

5 Likes

good eye

5 Likes

where did you accumulate such a large amount of bootleg gold Technic from

4 Likes

you weren’t supposed to mention that
did you think we didn’t notice the dozens of slightly off color scarox heads

5 Likes

Actually, I seem to remember Scarox using that shade of gold. They’ve changed gold to being a lighter color since 2013.

3 Likes

These two below are probably my favorites. I love how streamlined and referential they are to GSB’s ingredients.

I do appreciate this one for how freaky it is though. But I’d be curious to see the bootleg parts without their prints.

6 Likes

Gobricks mainly and webrick and Chenghai and Shantou town based factories on Aliexpress

5 Likes

the chest piece only comes in gold with the prints, which I don’t want to remove as I have become quite fond of them, plus I would have to get another golden elf set for that. the other printed parts on the jaw are just the standard star wars shin pieces seen all throughout my wips without the prints. they are the same shade of gold too

3 Likes

My favourite it probably the one with the Keerakh staffs. It looks vaguely like a Zyglak, which would make sense given that the Golden Skinned Being was made from one.

I’ll admit, though, I’m having trouble seeing what’s going on in the first one (the one with the pink print); it kind of just looks like a really long lower jaw with no upper jaw. Was that the intention, or am I misinterpreting it?

4 Likes

yes strong under bite was my intention kind of like what the piraka have, particularly zaktan vezok and avak

also I agree about the keerakh staff one resembling zyglak

3 Likes

sorry which one? I should have posted them in a more logical order or labelled them

3 Likes

it was this image here that i liked the best

4 Likes

Hey I actually made my first webrick order yesterday

How would you say the quality of the pieces compares to Lego?

3 Likes