Onipa 2.0

Well, yeah, he’s thin, but he’s not based around a skeletal structure either. His body structure is his armor in the way he’s built.

so, he’s just a normal toa, but you don’t want to obey the canon color guide.

2 Likes

No, I was explaining the way the set is built and how I didn’t understand why he thought he was unarmored. However, story-wise he is covered in cyborg armor stuff.

you could convey that in the moc.

2 Likes

Well, the blue piece kind of indicates it. It doesn’t indicate it that well, but to be fair, I did only think of the reason why he isn’t white and orange after I built the the moc.

so make 3.0 from the ground up to look like armor.
though I would still add some white/orange.

2 Likes

Well I’m too used to the way onipa looks to add jurrastically different colors like white and orange. But if I ever do completely change Onipa’s build, I’ll try to make him look more like a cyborg.

Then you need to change the element.

1 Like

question,

why not make him a toa of gravity with a mask of plasma?

2 Likes

Why should I need to change the element?

@Payinku while that is an idea, I feel like my explanation for why he isn’t white and orange is good enough already and I’ve thought of him as a toa of plasma too long to really change his element. Besides, even the people who design official bionicle sets stray from the colors that toa of that element should be. Ex. Hewkii inika, Nuparu mahri, Pohatu mistika, Takanuva (from Bionicle stars)

1 Like

Because the colors don’t match what is canon, and you refuse to change them

1 Like

Read back in the comments and you’ll find my explanation for why he isn’t white and orange.

why isn’t he white and orange?

‘because he’s wearing a suit’

it doesn’t look like he’s wearing a suit, you should rebuild him so that he looks like he’s wearing a suit

‘I’m too used to how he looks now’

ok, so why not just make him an element the corresponds with his color scheme?

‘I’m too used to him being a toa of plasma’

I give up.

1 Like

@Payinku @Calvatron maybe he’s using the logic the Star wars constractions figures use? IDK

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

didnt anyone think the Ping pong Racket was part of the weapon?

Or have I finally GONE INSANE

3 Likes

Well he’s not wearing a suit, he’s a cyborg. And while you do make a good argument that that isn’t indicated, all bionicles look like cyborgs. Also I did say that if I ever re-built his formula, I would try to make him look more like a cyborg. Which is a hard thing to do in a bionicle.

Not really. You just take a MOC with a consistent color scheme and add silver parts to localized areas

1 Like

1:Why break his arms?
2:Quite a creative build, what with the custom Gearbox.
3: Plasma? OK, if you want him to be Plasma, at least change the trans-blue to trans-red.

1 Like

*solid orange

1 Like