Onua Nuva

Onua Nuva

Onua, the Earth Toa, watches over the land and intervenes to restore balance when it is threatened. The Tohunga believe Onua is responsible for earthquakes, inflicting them on the villagers when he is displeased with the way they are caring for his domain.

Onua is at one with the land, and can communicate and learn from it. He can hear trouble coming from miles away, and can even persuade the landscape to do his bidding. With his huge hands, Onua has riddled Mata Nui with tunnels. His low, squat body and head allow him to move around more quickly in the tunnels, and his infrared eyes give him amazing night vision. Onua’s hearing is incredibly powerful, and he also possesses great strength and surprising dexterity.

More Photos

The second in my Toa Nuva remakes. For Onua Nuva I wanted to stretch the idea of a Toa even further than with Tahu Nuva.

I’m still working on my Nuva remakes but I’m close to completion. Happy 20th anniversary, Bionicle!

34 Likes

quite a departure from the original set but I dig the design.

Very nice shaping and parts usage

3 Likes

It’s definitely interesting. However, for some reason, it’s giving me more of a roboriders/throwbots/slizers vibe than it is Bionicle, which slightly hinders it a bit

2 Likes

That’s the most alien looking Toa I’ve ever seen. Love the legs!

1 Like

Doesn’t really look like onua, but still a great moc regardless.

2 Likes

I love the integration of the Znap connector pieces on the lower legs!

1 Like

The moc draws from the description, which depicts Onua as the Mata were depicted early on in the toyline, as godlike forces of nature. Under that lens, I find this build to be wonderfully unique and ethereal in nature, it has that very specific sense of “not quite mortal” that I think is hard to nail but was executed excellently.

4 Likes

Oh, this… This right here invokes terror in me.

As others have said, I can’t really see this as Onua, but it is still a very impressive build.

I can definitely see it as the idea of Onua though, as a force of nature.

Maybe I could see Toa being designed like this in an alternate universe or something.

2 Likes

Imaginative and intriguing!

Awesome job! I’d love to see the rest of the Toa!

I really don’t see this as Onua. On first glance it looked like an alien mech to me. But it’s a good MOC nonetheless.