Oomatu Art: G3 Weapon Discussion

UPDATE: TOA WEAPON THREAD

After how well this weapon design was received, I thought I’d go ahead and expand this thread to include concepts for the various toa weapons. Many are up in the air, so please feel free to discuss and share ideas below!

TAHU FIRE SWORD

#kopaka SWORD AND SHEILD

#onua CLAWS AND HAMMER

#lewa SWORD/TONFAS AND FANS

#pohatu BOSTAFF AND DAGGERS

##…AND GALI, WHO IS ALREADY PERFECT :heart_eyes:

96 Likes

Beautiful, love the new hook style.

3 Likes

My gosh…They have thumbs now!

I absolutely love this! It looks beautiful; sepcifically the mask and you managed to make the whole darn head look so realistic, within the boundries of the TTV’s design!

Awesome as always!

3 Likes

Excellent work! (as usual)

That hook looks :ok_hand:

Maui approved, eh?

9 Likes

That’s what I thought of…

Nice sketch, although the face looks off. Probably the design though.

The jaw region of the mask looks a little off, but this is great otherwise.

Yeah, this was a really quick sketch while I listened to Brickfeed live.

Incredible work as always. Your style gives an excellent amount of life to this design and hnnnngggg I love the hook, we’ll need to make this a thing 'cause it works so well.

8 Likes

The hook reminds me of Maui’s from Moana.

1 Like

Only question now is, Will it be built? or become a new piece?

'Cause I’d rather not have Gali lugging around this thing:

Give her a scythe. It’s a ‘Giant Hook’ after all…

4 Likes

I actually liked over-sized weapons for Gali, it worked will in G2, and makes her seem a little small by comparison (which helps make the character look more feminine).

1 Like

Yeah, but a weapon that big might seem a bit excessive. Cough cough Cloud Strife.

2 Likes

Like all of your art, I really like this one, and how you actually achieved a feminine shape in minifigure art. The one thing in the that the mouth looks kind of weird, but hey, that can be fixed.

Hmm…

I did a quick mock-up in LDD to see how it would look on a minifig.

You might have a point…

5 Likes

I’m fine for big weapons cough Giant scythe cough , it’s just that Maui’s weapon, here, looks extremely dull (I’m pretty sure, though, this was because of safety) and more like a club than a hook.

1 Like

I see it as a custom piece.

2 Likes

That weapon was made for a figure the size of a Bigfig. Ours will probably have a custom molded piece.

That being said, I love the concept, and your style makes this character come alive, Oomatu. Gorgeous art, as always,

5 Likes

If it looks as good as Maui’s looked in the movie (the printing and the hand-made look) I would love her having that

To be said:

I like the Design but I prefer a more G1ish aproach.

She sure could have tied some shark bone n stuff to it but I doubt that it should be all bone n stuff…

As in shown in the Movie: spoilers
Bone is not good agianst creatures made of lava let alone metal.