Oomatu Art: The Tiko Basin and Temple of Terak

95 Likes

This is actually amazing.

3 Likes

Aww, the candles and also AWW the child. This is amazing as usual.

3 Likes

Probably some of my favorite concepts. I think the Earth element really benefited from being more closely tied to nature, particularly for how eclectic the overall environment has become. The grittier colors and shadows here add a sense of depth and raw, natural feeling. Not only that but there’s also a trace of mysticism they create, making me want to know more about what lay within these places.

2 Likes

Although I’m still a bit on the fence about the ■■■■■ to minifigures, this world really interests me. The art definitely helps bring it all to life.

1 Like

Gorgeous as usual. Now we just need the Artahka Online Game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Y E S
E
S

Ahh the return of the Candle heads…

I miss the underground aspect, but I am positive towards this aproach.
Good work.

3 Likes

The new drawing is still in a cavernous setting, just one that’s a bit more exposed.

3 Likes

Imagen if Onua could make sink holes…

Moaka surprise attack!

Onua- “Sink hole”

1 Like

Gosh man. You have made all this art, and yet the quality never changes. I need to know your secrecy.

1 Like

My bet is that he just spends the right abount of time on the right details…

But I am corious too…

How does he do it?
I take alot more time to get even close to this kind of style.

1 Like

i so want more art from your view of G3. You really have that tallent to breath life into a fictional world.

by the way @Oomatu sorry for not commissioning you yet.

2 Likes

@ZceeNook Well, I study a lot of color theory and perspective. Most of these I spent at most 3 hours working on. Two of those hours are just detailing, and the first is making sure the composition is solid. I use PS brushes to cheat alot of textures, giving it a “painterly” look.

@DarkHenrik As for more art for G3, I have a ton ideas. I simply don’t enough time between work and social life to realize all of them. I’ve also kept some of my more outlandish ideas to myself, trying to stay true the TTVs realization of the project.

3 Likes

Perfect. I love it. Exactly how I would imagine Onu-koro. Nice work

1 Like

Really stunning.

1 Like

Okay, I move we fire the TTV artists from the Brickonicle thing and have Oomatu do all the ofifical artwork.

1 Like

Haha that would actually work well though

0/10 Candles instead of light stones. Seriously though this is some amazing artwork. It looks amazing, is really detailed and just gives off such a cool and fitting atmosphere for an ancient temple of earth.

1 Like

Ouna: “You guy’s don’t use Glow Stones?”

Earth Villager: “We don’t need them. Our faces glow.”

-Takes off mask.

Amazing art as always.
(although the image resolution may be too high)

2 Likes