Order of Mata Nui Files #37: Artakha, The Originator

Awesome, thanks for the tip! Resin would probably be rad, yeah - though it’s definitely beyond my reach for the time being. One day, one day. Good to hear spraypaint worked well for this kind of thing, should be a good bit simpler than acrylic model paints like I was thinking.

2 Likes

In light of all the stuff that’s flared up on BS01, just wanted to leave a freindly comment here as a reminder to @Connor_Hoffman and @MaskMaker that both of your designs are still totally awesome! It doesn’t matter what medium they’ve been created in. :wink:

11 Likes

Congratulations @Connor_Hoffman on the winning entry. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m glad somebody else agrees with my thinking that the Mask of Creation isn’t gold. Also, stunning MOC. Absolutely stunning. It was an honour to illustrate and really get to observe your artistry up close. Sketching each part, really seeing how it came together… the sheer incredible nature of this MOC, not only the complexity but also the simplicity and readability of the design… it’s a masterpiece.

1 Like

I was just thinking whether or not have you tried this one? I’m just interested, no offense, I just can’t really image how does this moc looks in that way, most of the stuff feels essential for me there. Maybe the small parts, but some of them actually brings more sand green to the moc, which again should be there, as it is the base/original color.

1 Like

I recently got enough parts to build your Artakha moc. I’ve been interested in Artakha getting a canon design for a long time, so thank you for building this.

28 Likes

Are we going to get to see the canon mask on your build, Connor?

1 Like

I’m looking into getting resin prints for both the new canon masks, so you’ll definitely get to see it, hopefully soon!

13 Likes

Hey everyone! It appears that my original Artakha’s build had some trouble supporting it’s own weight when using more worn out socket joints. So, I went and created this optional modification that doubles the ball joints in the ankles and knees.

Unfortunately, it sacrifices some of the MOC’s looks in exchange, but I’ve managed to keep the general appearance of the legs the same.

The instructions for this mod can be downloaded for free from this Patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/artakha-stud-io-42747550

22 Likes

Oml that design is ingenious. It’s incredible that you somehow pulled some sort of black magic to allow the foot to still be able to articulate

It seems like this design takes away a degree of rotation from the foot. Does that impact the poseability at all?

Or at least in any meaningful way?

(Also, while we probably don’t need a full parts list for the entire leg, it might be useful to have just a list of the new, additional parts required.)

1 Like

It can’t twist at the ankle anymore, yeah. Other than that, it doesn’t affect the poseability or stability of the legs.

3 Likes

I love every thing but the mask. it feels wrong to not have the proper one on

3 Likes

All I could say is that I like the mask that you use more than the official version that they put in the artwork.

3 Likes

how so?

1 Like

It just looks more natural. And every 3D G1official one I’ve ever made a little crown pieces of broken very easily

3 Likes