Overwatch

Blizz plz fix 76. Thx :smile:
Did I tell you the tale of me pre-ordering Overwatch?

I bought Pokemon Platinum Instead

but I entered this Gleam Contest for 5 Pre Order Codes
I might Win one

1 Like

I assume that I didn’t tell you. :smile:

I payed first-person shooter multiplayer game…yeah no.

As much as I like this game, there is no way Im paying for something that should be free to play and is in many instances in the gaming world. Blizzard, you just greedy.

What about League then?

Ehhh, that’s one opinion. A lot of us would much rather pay full price for a finished game that’s tested and complete, with zero microtransactions. I mean, most games with microtransactions charge 5 bucks for a character skin, with literally hundreds of skins. That sounds a lot greedier to me.

1 Like

Y’know how Overwatch is basically TF2 to a lot of people?

TF2 used to cost 20 whole dollars.

50 dollars before that, even.

Look at how many microtransactions that has now!

I would like this to be a reality, but that will never be how the industry works anymore.

Unless a company who makes FPS games doesn’t want to make any money, you have to have some sort of DLC or microtransactions.

cough MOBAs and MMOs cough

4 Likes

Well, full-fledged expansions are fine. I mean, Blizzard in the past has been good about “buy the game, pay no more” with StarCraft, every expansion practically being a full game in itself. Age of Empires also did this model well, though it was before the time of freemium and pay-to-win games. Some games just don’t make sense with microtransactions. Example: Zelda and Metroid. Amiibos may be a thing, but I can almost guarantee you they won’t have any major interaction with the upcoming Zelda or Metroid games coming to WiiU soon. I think Blizzard will handle OverWatch the same way, keeping the pricepoints simple, and leaving unlocks to in-game achievement.

anyone get into the open beta?

(i didn’t)

Looks great, but $60 for an online only game?

Imma let the sheep test it out to see if it’s another Titanfall or not first

2 Likes

it’s just titanfall

5 Likes

Well, it IS a Blizzard game, and it’s already more complete than TitanFall was (considering EA rushed the release, so there wasn’t really time to complete the game).

2 Likes

I got two Beta keys for the early access weekend. I’ve sent one to my friend, so no, there is none left.

ohhh nice. have fun

2 Likes

Am I the only one reminded of viper when I see tracer?

1 Like

Thanks. You have a very cool avatar.

Oh my god, this made me chuckle :smiley:

2 Likes

Co op class based cartoon styled first person PC shooter with story told through comic book.

Original game. Do not steal.

2 Likes

Well, OverWatch is pretty unique in a lot of ways. I’d sooner compare it to BattleBorn than TF2, honestly. Also, TF2 and OverWatch have very different art styles when it comes down to it. They’re both cartoony, but that’s about where the comparisons end.

2 Likes

You know thats free, even earning skins now is free by playing the game. So no excuses for this. Blizzard is just greedy on this.

I would say Blizzard is greedy on Heroes of the Storm, but I still see nothing wrong with paying retail price for a finished game. It’s the standard for most console games, and many PC games are similar in their pricing at full price on release. Considering there aren’t any microtransactions in OverWatch, and the price is likely to drop to $40 shortly after release, and eventually to $20, it’s hard for me to call it a profit scheme.