Pestilence (RP topic)

Raphael sighed.
“I have my own obligations, mortal. I had to make actions to determine the fates of not just this universe, but many more. I do not have the leisure of aimlessly wandering the Earth.” He said.

“But, if Errapel truly wishes to remaineithin you, and if that is for your own good, than I shall respect your wishes…” he said to the both of them, with a hint of sadness and disappointment in his voice.

Arkan walks towards them. “Harm is all you can cause, galar ar domhanda.” He says darkly, raising his hand as it traces a Conjuration circle and the Dullahan raises its whip. “Ridding the worlds of you will only benefit the rest of us. Say your prayers to whatever you believe in. You will meet them soon.”

The Plague Doctors, unsure of what else to do, kneeled down and clasped their hands together in silent prayer.

In front of Arkan form five spikes of ice.

The Dullahan whips at each of them in lightning speed, whipping at their eyes, trying to blind them.

Once he is done, Arkan shoots an ice spike at each cultist’s skull, hoping to kill them near instantly.

The Cultists all slumped to the ground face-down, before they even knew what had happened.

Suddenly, a clapping was heard from behind.
“Well done everyone, excellent work.” Said a saint-like figure as he entered the room.
Raphael instantly knew who he was, and bowed before the saint.
@Runa
@Jcton
@meepinater

Arkan simply turned his head to face them, his Arcane Eye still glowing its magical hue, while the Dullahan stood where it was, silent and still.

Rohan whipped around toward the saint.

The saint quietly chuckled to himself for a moment.

“Oh, wherever my manners? Raphael may know who I am, but you all probably don’t…” he said, as he began glowing brightly.
The Saint’s robes fell, and the grand form of Archangel Michael was revealed.
@Runa
@Jcton
@Mctoran

Æhnyir looks at the saint, his eyes flash blue for a second, as if something inside him was looking out of his eyes.

inside the mental/spiritual construct of Æhnyir

Æhnyir sits on a barren rock,
“So we really need to find a way to work seamlessly in this construct…so it would be ours, and not yours or mine.”

Errapel sits on a higher stone and looks down at Æhnyir,
“Give me your right eye, if we enter a combat situation I’ll lend power, and if I need to I can take the wheel for the time necessary, in which case we’ll end up in the angel state, though this wouldn’t be like our fused state, I’m afraid if we did anything like that again we might become permanently fused souls.”

Æhnyir comments,
“Yeah. that works, but how do we know that we aren’t already functioning as souls fused together?”

Errapel thinks about it,
“I suppose we don’t.”

Æhnyir’s right becomes blue and he focuses back on what’s happening around him, seeing Michael.

1 Like

Arkan’s Eye slowly dimmed to its normal glow, then he turned to face the Archangel. He shot an ice spike at the Evocation circle on the ground, and the Dullahan bowed, his form fading from this plane of existence.

1 Like

@meepinater
@Jcton
@Runa
“I have come here to personally congratulate you all.” Said Michael as he stepped toward them.
“You have all done an immaculate job in stopping these Plague doctors. And now thanks to you, The Seal of Pestilence has broken and the Plague has been prevented.” He said.
“You are all heroes, and you shall all be remembered and honored as such.”

“Uhhhh thanks?” Rohan replied.

@meepinater
@Jcton
@Runa
“I know you have lost some lives along your journey. And for that I am truly sorry.” Said Michael, looking down at Hydronicus’ armor.
“However, the sacrifices of these people were not in vain. They meant something, and that is thanks to all of your actions.”

1 Like

Arkan turned and walked away.

He was sick of this city. He had other things to do and other things to learn before he could achieve what he wished.

Michael turned to Raphael.
“Brother, we must go.The Council of Life has summoned for you.” He said. Raphael nodded, turning back to everyone.

@meepinater
@Runa
@Jcton
“Goodbye, friends. I will not forget you. And thank you, for all your help.”

Rohan nodded.
“No, thank you.”

Æhnyir watches in silence, his blue eye standing out like a small candle among an empty room blanketed in shadow, the knight turned away, speaking softly something inaudibly.

With that, Raphael turned around.
“Let’s go.” He said to Michael

The pair then flew upwards, and the dark room was briefly illuminated by a bright flash of light. When the light faded, they were gone.

Although the actions of these heroes were crucial and important, and they prevented the end of the world, they still could not stop The Black Death from spreading through Florence and the rest of Europe. While most of the Plague doctor cult had been killed and brought down, some members still managed to survive and what remaining fragments were left revived the cult. This Dark Order would go on throughout the centuries, scheming in the shadows…

The End…?

1 Like

Closed at request of GM