Phosphorous

“Sometimes, you must do the wicked things to preserve those who would see wickedness destroyed.”

It wasn’t always like this.

Life was once happy for Phosphorus, a peaceful life, doing his best to raise a family in a dangerous world, working diligently as a defense researcher for the mite population.

Then the bats came.

They were mindless and cruel, relegating Phosphorus and his family as monsters and murderers. They slaughtered Phosphorus’ family, leaving their corpses to rot in a once-peaceful homestead.

Phosphorous himself, even after surrendering, was horribly mutilated by the attackers. Too valuable to simply kill, several invasive operations were done in an attempt to mine his brain for technological secrets.

They relegated him as a monster.

Now, he has become one.

Years after his escape and recovery, he is on the hunt for revenge. Throughout the conflict, he has done his best to aid his mite brothers and sisters, through research and development of both offensive and - now more than ever - defensive technologies.

Fueled by the need for vindication and a vow of utter enmity, he has worked tirelessly to perfect his latest creation, and finally, it is finished: nicknamed “Retaliation”, it is a hyper-active, highly contagious variant of Pseudogymnoascus destructans, the instigator of White-nose syndrome, a fungal infection responsible for a dramatic decrease in bat population. The fungus is normally cryophilic, but Phosphorus’ variant has mutated to be able to not only survive but thrive in nearly all temperatures and climates.

For Phosphorous, no measure is too far, if it means revenge on those who have wronged him. Already, his creation has become weaponized, and rumor tells of a covert operation to plant the fungus at a heart of bat-simp territory: the Citadel.

Heyo, quick note.

White-nose syndrome really is responsible for millions of bat deaths in the US and Canada. It’s a really, really serious issue in the biological sphere, and while I use it here as part of this fun little build war we’re having, it’s nothing to laugh at. There are tons of resources for donating to help, but it seems a bit impractical for this situation/site, so here is a webpage I found about the littler things you can do to help out.

https://www.whitenosesyndrome.org/static-page/how-you-can-help

Do not speak to me about the build quality. Just look at the head. The head is good. The head will love you and treasure you.

22 Likes

Neat. I like the parts usage here.

also the lore is great

3 Likes

This is just one of the many tragic stories the bats recklessness has caused.

3 Likes

Oh, we don’t have to worry about things like that because we have

Sorry for quoting you Chronicler

1 Like

Didn’t you read it? These are a bioengineered fungus. Your technology won’t work.

1 Like

I’m sorry, didn’t you just read

Your argument has no basis

1 Like

We’ve known of your “tech”, and that’s what we’ve countered with our technology. It’s potent, and proven to work.

2 Likes

That would be true if the

Wasn’t from an even further point in the future making it even more Futuristic and better.

1 Like

Yeah but have your considered the fact that the bugs are just always better because they are?
The bats will never be enough because their power is simping

3 Likes

Unless you can describe specifically how it counters our fungus, than your argument has no basis.

2 Likes

Wait a minute, let me get this straight: Phosphorus here is planning to plant a fungus that is legitimately harmful to bats that real-life biologists have condemned and are actively fighting against?

…And the MMCC aren’t the bad guys here?

2 Likes

You destroyed his family…

3 Likes

Because killing the bats in this case is doing the world a favor

6 Likes

It counters it by being betterer and more futuristic, duh. Try keeping up.

3 Likes

It’s utterly simplistic to think that it is as basic as “we are the good guys and you are the bad guys”. That’s the kind of destructive mentality that led to Phosphorus’ family’s murder, and for that there will be retribution.

Phosphorous may be evil, but he strives for a righteous cause.

And either way, take a moment to self reflect. I can’t count the number of times I’ve read the word ‘mutilate’ in a description of one bat or another’s functions or proclivities. That or a direct description, dismemberment and the like.

6 Likes

I’m afraid it’s you who are too slow, far too slow.

2 Likes

I just checked, “mutilate” is never mentioned once in any topics related to the conflict from either side.

mutilate, torture, tomato, tomato, potato, potato, Ghid, Ghid

wait

5 Likes

Foolish Fool, what you believed to be future technology is actually from an alternate universe far older than out own making the timeline even more futuristic and betterer than your own.

No, it is you who are deceived. Our technology is so ancient, it’s borderline magic, which cannot be stopped!

1 Like