Pieces you hate!

@KOSROBOT
Yeah, I think the issue lies in that even Lego know that CCBS on its own is not the way forward, hence why they are combining it with technic in sets such as the Star Wars Battle Figures.

How are the Star Wars figures Technic? Last time I checked, they were pretty much all CCBS.

1 Like

You didn’t see the picture of Vader from behind?

1 Like

From the pricing it seem the cheaper sets are CCBS, however for pretty much every set over $19.99 (USD) they have combined them with technic to get the sets to look like their original design.

The Bionicle sets also were forced to include a technic gearbox and most the Protectors have a technic back half. LoSS is mostly technic, Basher has an entirely technic based function attached to him and Scorpio is also mostly technic based.

4 Likes

Would be nice to see more complex arms and legs, not bodies just.

2 Likes

CCBS was definitely designed to be integrated with Technic. The pieces wouldn’t have all those pin holes if they weren’t.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Rocho, you just gave me an idea! Somebody (possibly I) needs to 3D print a reverse Lehvak Shield!

7 Likes

I hate these ball joints with a burning passion. Axles never stay in them securely, and oftentimes I have to use glue just for that purpose.

5 Likes

A general aspect of the CCBS systems that I’ve never liked, is that most of the parts lack some of the robotic textures that many of the Technic pieces had. If I use too many CCBS in a MoC, it starts to look bland to me.

2 Likes

When you want to hold a certain pose for a heavier build they can be great.
My complaint would be a reference to Batman Begins: “does it come in black?”

2 Likes

It’s just a useless, ugly piece.

8 Likes

As far as general pieces, I’d have to say any piece that breaks (basically, in my experience, any of the socket joints from 2008-2010), however, I have a special list for pieces in general that hurt like crap when you step on them, particularly the 1x1 flat square-shaped piece, and Zane’s Shurikans. Also, I would have said a while back that I hated the appearance of CCBS armour pieces, however, there are (as we have seen with G2), ways to make CCBS look really great/not generic (which was what I thought HF often was)

1 Like

I am already so sick of these things…they’re so cumbersome and blocky on minifigs!
http://www.bricklink.com/PL/15391.jpg?2

5 Likes

I have two of these and Have no Idea what to do with them.

4 Likes

i n i k a t o r s o s

1 Like

Mirus

They’re so boring and ugly

/s

Put up your dukes, pal

i don’t like this gear

my reasoning for this slightly wierd choice for hatred is the fact you can only link them at a 90 degree angle. To make it gor forward you have to link it to a 20 tooth gear. this is why i much prefer the other types of gears to this one

Hey! I’m not alone!

In 3rd grade I permanently ruined Gali Master’s gearbox by sticking a size 2 axle into the gearbox to secure a 4 knob gear in place.

I haven’t tried to get it out, and it’s been like that for 5 years now.

Any tips?

2 Likes

You could try digging a pin into the side of the axle and slowly pulling it out.

Maybe you could even get lucky and manage to snag the little groove in the 2-axle.