Piecing together future events

I know Greg Farshtey has said some things about what would have happened in those serials that were never finished. Perhaps we can construct a timeline showing what will happen in Bionicles future.

• The Order of Mata Nui possibly disbands

• The Shadowed One starts assembling an army

• Civil War of the Great Beings

• Ahkmu possibly meets Metus

• Takanuva achieves his destiny during the Civil War of the Great Beings, most likely becomes a Turaga

• Unknown: Toa Krakua is the lone defender of a fortress island
    Do any of you know what else Greg said about future events or the endings of the serials?

6 Likes

I recall that Greg said The Yesterday Quest would involve finding the place where the Toa were created.
He also stated it would be interesting if Ahkmou and Metus ran into each other.
Also, now that the Order of Mata Nuiā€™s purpose has likely been fulfilled, itā€™s possible that it will disband. It would be interesting to see members taking different sides in the Civil War of the Great Beings. (this isnā€™t anything specific Greg said; just my own personal speculation)
Thereā€™s also this map from a discussion 5 years ago (A conceptual map of Spherus Magna). Not official (and possibly has some inaccuracies) but might still help with visualization.

12 Likes

While people dislike the Red Star resurrecting people, they essentially would be zombies, having their minds and bodies but not their souls.

I also recall Greg might have done something with the Shadowed One, hence why he never officially killed him off.

5 Likes

BS01 has this to say about TSO, ā€œ[H]e began forming a new army around the remnants of the Dark Hunters and villainy from the new planet, including Bone Hunters, the Skrall, and others, waiting until the right moment to strike. He also retained the viruses that he had intended to use against Teridax, with an eye at using them as a secret weapon.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve compiled a list of confirmed locations of characters on Spherus Magna and a map (the original I didnā€™t make, just made edits) of some last known locations in the GSR:

Bara Magna Hemisphere

• Wandering the wastelands (nowhere specific)
    • Strakk
    • Tuma
    • Branar
    • Stronius
    • Atakus
  • Malumā€™s cave (in the wastelands)
    • Malum
  • White Quartz Mountains
    • Surel
  • Heading north
    • Sahmad (towards White Quartz Mountains)
    • Lesovikk (spotted by Gali and Tahu; might run into Sahmad)
  • Agori/Matoran camp
    • Tahu
    • Gali
    • Ackar
    • Kiina
  • Imprisoned
    • Nektann

Aqua Magna Hemisphere

• Near coastline
    • Toa Mahri
    • Golden-skinned Being
  • Scouting for Toa Mahri
    • Toa Hagah

Bota Magna Hemisphere

• Held captive by Kabrua
    • Chiara
    • Zaria
  • Ecaped from Kabrua
    • Orde
    • Gelu
  • In/Near Jungle Tribe village
    • Lewa
    • Vezon
    • Miserix
    • Helryx
    • Axonn
    • Brutaka
    • Tuyet
    • Artakha
    • Kapura
    • Hafu

Other

• Red Star
    • Kopaka
    • Pohatu
    • Everyone revived
  • Guarding the Ignika
    • Umbra

Forgot to include Macku, Tamaru, Kopeke and Taipu in Metru Nui
While it was confirmed that Voporak had left Metru Nui before Teridax was killed, itā€™s my own speculation that heā€™d be on his way to Odina.

I probably forgot about some characters for both the list and the map, so feel free to let me know about anyone else.

Hopefully this all gives some more context and visuals on the possible future events.

4 Likes

What are your theories about Krakua and his island he will defend?

2 Likes

I sort of have a feeling it may have already happened. The last we see him in the story is in Destiny War, so itā€™s possible it occurred during Reign of Shadows. But itā€™s still possible itā€™s yet to happen.

3 Likes

Just read this on BS01, ā€œVelika had a hand in creating the Baterraā€¦ā€ so itā€™s very likely the Skrall and, in turn, The Shadowed One would be fighting against Velika.
Thatā€™s another thing to consider is who is sided with who, how many sides would be involved and the motivations of each side in the Civil War of the Great Beings. The only motivations I know of is Velikaā€™s. He understood and experienced firsthand the neglegence of his fellow great beings while in the realm of Karzahni and wants to ensure Spherus Magna is ruled responsibly. Along with Kabrua and his Vorox army, Perditus and Atakus, itā€™s possible that the rebuilt matoran will sympathize with him and join his side.
Any thoughts on these considerations?

3 Likes

I think the residents of the gsr werenā€™t supposed to have emotions in the first place so it would essentially reset them to the factory defaults.

Also Zaktan probably is the one in control of the gold skinned being. But thatā€™s just my personal theory.

1 Like

I donā€™t think any one being has control in a fusion, whether itā€™s natural or artificial. The consciences always combine into one.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to feel like we should start to categorize these things. For example, what Greg has 100% confirmed (TSOā€™s army), what he has implied (Ahkmou meets Metus), and things that, while possible/logical, have not been mentioned or discussed by Greg at all (disbandment of OoMN).

2 Likes

Oh yeah! we should definitely do that.
Itā€™d help out a lot with understanding the bigger picture.

3 Likes

Did anyone else know about this?! Earth Tribe - BIONICLEsector01
I just now learned about them and this adds a whole new dynamic to the Civil War of the Great Beings.

2 Likes

Unrelated but what exactly is the difference between the earth and jungle tribe? They both have a plant theme and earth is already too similar to sand and rock

I never understood that one. Earth is organic and stone is not. They are completely different materials. You canā€™t make a plant turn into sand. Earth is a raw material from that life can be born and to that life will return.
So I think the main difference is that earth is formless like water and plant life is the shaped form like ice that can be formed into a statue.

Yeah, I remember a discussion about this in a different topic and the general consensus was that rather of each element being completely unique, some elements overlapped each other in terms of physical properties. For example, ice and water are basically the same thing just in different states of matter and with earth, sand and stone, theyā€™re basically the same thing just sort of with different sedimentary compositions.

1 Like

I think the fortress created by the Golden Skinned Being was going to be relevant.

As for Krakua himself, and the message, a few things have always bothered me about that.

The first is that, in the future, Krakua has no reason to send a message back to Vakama. By the time the message has been sent, Vakama has already acted on everything in the message. The only reason to send the message is to maintain the timestream. (Unless, of course, the message was not referring to the Toa Nuva, and instead to another group that Vakama will send to their doom on Spherus Magna, but that would be a pretty significant retcon.)

Second, it doesnā€™t make sense that Krakua is able to use his Kanohi power across time. We are told that Kratana are able to send messages and visions throughout time, but it doesnā€™t really make sense that they can transmit the use of powers.

So here is my theory: It wasnā€™t Krakuaā€™s message. Instead, Krakua pulled the message out of Turaga Vakamaā€™s mind using his Suletu to send back in time to Toa Vakama. So, Krakua wasnā€™t actually talking to Toa Vakama, or reading his mind. Rather, he was just saying whatever Turaga Vakama remembered Krakua saying when he received the message.

1 Like

But Krakua says ā€œI am one of those fragments [of the future], a Toa who will never come to be unless you succeed in your task.ā€ p.62 Time Trap

That would mean the timeline was intact in the first place. Otherwise there would have never been a ā€œfirst timeā€ the message was sent by him. Thus Vakama wouldnā€™t remember the conversationā€¦
Time traveling is complicated.

The best way to look at it is to say that the past cannot affect the future. The past cannot be changed, but neither can the future.

Every action that has ever occurred and ever will occur can be considered to have already happened. They are all interconnected, yet they cannot be changed.

It is known that Krakua will send his message. It is known that Vakama will receive that message. These are two events that occur at some point in time and space. These events cannot occur without each other, and neither one can be changed.

Krakua has free will to decide whether or not he will send the message, but his decision is already known.

Hereā€™s a more general way of putting it:

The future is already set in stone. You donā€™t know what is in that future, but it has been set since the beginning of time. No matter what you do in the present, that future cannot be changed. Yet, that future depends on your actions in the present. Hence, your decision has been set since the beginning of time, yet it is still your decision to make.

This is why I said Krakua has no urgency to send the message. Vakama has already succeeded. If he chose not to send the message, that could not change the past.

Yet, it is impossible for him to not send the message, since it is known that the message gets sent.

So Krakua has absolutely no reason to send the message, yet he sends it anyways.

He isnā€™t doing to to ā€˜satisfy the timestreamā€™, since it is literally impossible for him to not send the message. There is no risk of time breaking if he doesnā€™t send the message, because it is impossible for him to not send the message.

Yet I still donā€™t know why you need Turaga Vakama for your theory. Vakama would just recreate his memories over and over again without Vakama and Krakau really talking to another. No origin to a memory that Vakama certainly has.