Pokémon

GOD NO

I FORGOT AEGY WAS AN IV BREEDER

NO WONDER I JUST GOT SO THOROUGHLY THRASHED

RIP X Campaign team.

2 Likes

The types for the new starter’s evolution lines have been leaked.
Litten will reportedly be a fire/ground type. (Makes sense, considering it’s a cat. And cats hate water)
Popplio will become a water/fighting type. joining both Keldeo and Poliwrath as the only ones who share this typing.
And Rowlet…Well, Rowlet will be Rowlet.

Also, @Nyran, gg xD
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY HAXORUS AND TYRANTRUM

2 Likes

Alas

if I had a Protean Greninja like I had planned on raising, instead of my Torrent one from the campaign

I probably would’ve one shot’d the Haxorus

2 Likes

She was focus-sashed. xD

1 Like

oh, you tricky dicky

1 Like

Also…the Haxorus and Tyrantrum were wild-caught and revived, respectively. xD
They were only EV-trained. But props to you, you actually had me scared with most of your 'Mons, especially that Venusaur.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s actually kinda surprising

I knew dragons were all pretty fast

but I didn’t think the dancing would be enough to let you outspeed Salamence

I was surprised when that actually happened, considering Mence has a base speed of 100. But seeing how it had a Rocky Helmet, I guess it was more of a bulky set?

2 Likes

it was more of an experiment than anything else

I didn’t have any items that stopped attack decrease

and I didn’t think I’d need the Lum berry

so I wanted to try a “contingency plan,” of sorts

Salamence is a heavy hitter, so I figured that anything trying to take him out would probably be pretty big and bad

thus, I’d wanna get all the damage in on it that I could.

What was Mence’s moveset and EV spread?

Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, and Dragon Dance

I went all in ATK and Speed for EVs

leftovers went to Defense

Was the Mence a Mega or no?

nop, this was my X game.

Which item, then?

scroll up, bubby

Well, first time I’ve seen a Rocky Helmet on a Salamence…

Ah, you might wanna change both up. If you want a bulky Salamence that can tank hits, while putting out Rocky Helmet damage on those physical attackers, you wanna change the EV-spread to be more defensively-oriented.
Take the investment out from the Attack and Speed stats, then put it towards Defense and HP, while leaving maybe 32-40 points in Speed. This’ll allow you to take physical assaults far more reliably, boosted even further by Intimidate cutting the enemy’s Attack.

As for the movepool, remove D-Dance and replace it with something like Roar or Defog for annoying the opponent. I would use Dragon Tail, but it has the chance of failing against switched-in fairies. And only use this move on predicted switch-ins. Get rid of Crunch and put Roost in its place for reliable recovery. But keep the other two moves; Dragon Claw for super-effective damage against other dragons, and EQ for coverage against Steel-types, which otherwise resist both your STAB moves.

1 Like

ORAS is canon in the X and Y mega evolution timeline. R/S/E are canon in the one without mega evolution.

This is confirmed in the post game after Zinnia talks about a potential alternate dimension getting destroyed by the meteorite if it had been successfully teleported, a universe where the war never happened, and so mega evolution and all of the technology developed from it never existed in that world as well.

Basically the Pokemon timeline has a split caused by the war 3,000 years ago, back when the ultimate weapon was used. All of davon corps tech in ORAS is based on that technology, which was an ethical issue that Zinnia raises.

4 Likes

tfw you lose to a mono-grass team with three level 1 Pokemon, and your entire team resists grass. (My Goodra even has Sap Sipper ;_:wink:

2 Likes

out of curiosity, was there a Lilligant on that team?